Django Doctor: a bot that suggests fixes to code smells in your GitHub Pull Request

rik...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2020, 9:34:33 AM10/30/20
to Django users

Today I released Django Doctor: it's a bot that suggests fixes to any code smells it finds in your GitHub Pull Request. Just click "approve" to commit the fix for low effort code improvement!

I made this after realising I can automate some of the dev effort during code review: there are some checks we perform during code review that a bot can pick up - allowing us to spend more of our time on things bots are not good at.

Plus it suggests the fix so it does not show problems - it comes to table with solutions ;) Much quicker than reading a linter error in CI, locating the line in the file, fixing it, commiting and pushing to remote.

Scan your entire codebase at https://django.doctor

Or install the GitHub bot: https://github.com/marketplace/django-doctor/