django Page

ngangsia akumbo

Jul 23, 2014, 3:44:05 AM7/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
I want to create an app where the user has the ability to create new pages on their website

the app should be called pages

can someone give me an idea pease?

Santiago Lamora

Jul 23, 2014, 3:52:19 AM7/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Seems that you need something like a CMS.

ngangsia akumbo

Jul 23, 2014, 4:15:28 AM7/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks , i have built some apps in my site like new, event and gallery, so i want to include a new app that will help to create pages on the site would the link above help me do that?

ngangsia akumbo

Jul 23, 2014, 4:15:29 AM7/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks , i have built some apps in my site like new, event and gallery, so i want to include a new app that will help to create pages on the site would the link above help me do that?

Santiago Lamora

Jul 23, 2014, 5:46:07 AM7/23/14
to django-users
Thanks , i have built some apps in my site like new, event and gallery, so i want to include a new app that will help to create pages on the site would the link above help me do that?

What are you trying to do exactly? You talk like you're trying to use django[1] (a
framework to develop web applications) like a CMS (Content Manager System).
That's why I give you a link to a CMS based on django.

ngangsia akumbo

Jul 23, 2014, 6:08:34 AM7/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
this is what am doing.
I am creating a website which i will like to include the ability of adding pages to that site.

I have already a  news, event and gallery app working, i wish to include the ability to create other pages on the site by the end user.

i am using django1.4

Babatunde Akinyanmi

Jul 23, 2014, 6:27:06 AM7/23/14
to Django users

On 23 Jul 2014 11:08, "ngangsia akumbo" <ngan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this is what am doing.
> I am creating a website which i will like to include the ability of adding pages to that site.
>
> I have already a  news, event and gallery app working, i wish to include the ability to create other pages on the site by the end user.

What have you tried?

> i am using django1.4

Friend, *try* to upgrade to at least 1.5.

> On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:46:07 AM UTC+1, Santiago L wrote:

>>> Thanks , i have built some apps in my site like new, event and gallery, so i want to include a new app that will help to create pages on the site would the link above help me do that?
>>>

>> What are you trying to do exactly? You talk like you're trying to use django[1] (a
>> framework to develop web applications) like a CMS (Content Manager System).
>> That's why I give you a link to a CMS based on django.
>>
>> [1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.6/faq/general/#is-django-a-content-management-system-cms

ngangsia akumbo

Jul 23, 2014, 7:08:58 AM7/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
i wanted to get the idea. so that is the reason why i asked if i could inlcude the cms on my website as an app.

I have not tried any but i will so , just wanted to get the idea, or a guidance.

I have had alot of probs withurls with  django 1.5.13

ngangsia akumbo

Jul 23, 2014, 7:14:45 AM7/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

i mean django 1.5.8

aRkadeFR

Jul 24, 2014, 3:49:19 AM7/24/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
If it's only static pages, you could look first django.contrib.flatpages to
see how to do it.

Lukáš Němec

Jul 26, 2014, 3:37:12 AM7/26/14
to ngangsia akumbo, django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Try googling django-pages
It is a small cms I created.
If you encounter some problems, just ask.

Lukas

On Friday, July 25, 2014 7:41:26 PM UTC+1, Mulianto wrote:
Hi,

You can use django flatpage .

Sent from my Mini Ipad

On 23 Jul 2014, at 15.43, ngangsia akumbo <ngan...@gmail.com> wrote:

I want to create an app where the user has the ability to create new pages on their website

the app should be called pages

can someone give me an idea pease?

ngangsia akumbo

Jul 26, 2014, 8:20:28 PM7/26/14