Deploy Django website internally within company network

tristant

Mar 31, 2021, 7:11:11 PM3/31/21
to Django users
So I am trying to propose building an internal website site at work with Django. But I have no idea what is needed from an IT perspective. I know how to deploy one on the internet through Heroku or such. But what are the steps/resource requirements if I was to deploy within an intranet? The IT department has not done this with Django before ( although they have done so with other framework such as Angular, etc).

If someone could give me some pointers on this process.

Thanks,

Ryan Nowakowski

Apr 1, 2021, 9:14:13 AM4/1/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
I typically develop the website and also handle deployment. I've done this in a couple of ways. I get the IT department to give me a virtual machine or an AWS account so I can spin up my own EC2 instance. Then I get them to assign a DNS name to the server.

Derek

Apr 6, 2021, 4:21:41 AM4/6/21
to Django users
Our IT dept. will typically set up a virtual machine, with you as admin, into which you can install your own software. Provided it will not be visible outside the company's firewall, this is usually not an issue for them.