Setting up admin in visual studio

Saeed Pooladzadeh

Nov 5, 2018, 1:02:25 PM11/5/18
to Django users
Hello,

Can anyone help me how to start the admin page in visual studio.
I have tried many methods but none succeeded.

thanks

Saeed

Arturo Fernandez

Nov 5, 2018, 2:37:25 PM11/5/18
to Django users
Helloo, visual studio is just an editor.

and here is my blog, I have a lot about Visual studio code to get you started: blog.arturofm.com

Hope it helps :)

TimT Vogt

Nov 5, 2018, 2:48:33 PM11/5/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Did You use the terminal in visual studio?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Holger Otto ANDRE

Nov 5, 2018, 3:14:47 PM11/5/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
I  don't get what you mean by admin page.
BTW don't get confused
1) Visual Studio 2017 (what I uses for Python projects)
2) Visual Studio Code ( an very versatile editor from MS as well)

Both can be used for Python development.

Holger André

Skype: hjoab1

Mobile/Whatsapp/Telegram : +(506) 8883-9645

San José, Costa Rica, Central America.

The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, this information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copy or taking action in reliance upon this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and then delete this e-mail in its entirety.
Banner2.gif

Motaz Hejaze

Nov 5, 2018, 4:19:41 PM11/5/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
what do you want to do exactly ?

Saeed Pooladzadeh

Nov 5, 2018, 5:29:30 PM11/5/18
to Django users
I know visual studio and visual studio code are different.
I mean the main visual studio.

. How to set up the page admin.py
How to make it appear?

در دوشنبه 5 نوامبر 2018، ساعت 12:14:47 (UTC-8)، Holger Otto ANDRé نوشته:

Jason

Nov 6, 2018, 9:03:32 AM11/6/18
to Django users
visual studio, the .net/C# IDE, is not for python (at least none of the versions I've used)

So not sure how to help you other than suggest another IDE

Saeed Pooladzadeh

Nov 6, 2018, 4:31:12 PM11/6/18
to Django users
There are some tools for visual studio which can make it a python IDE.
.I want just want to make the admin.py to work.
What are other IDE's for Django?

در سه‌شنبه 6 نوامبر 2018، ساعت 6:03:32 (UTC-8)، Jason نوشته:

Matthew Pava

Nov 6, 2018, 4:33:42 PM11/6/18
to django...@googlegroups.com

PyCharm

Phako Perez

Nov 6, 2018, 8:39:25 PM11/6/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
I can recommend py charm

Sent from my iPhone

Saeed Pooladzadeh

Nov 6, 2018, 9:02:03 PM11/6/18
to Django users

But my problem is there is no admin page!!
What is wrong? please inform me.
در سه‌شنبه 6 نوامبر 2018، ساعت 17:39:25 (UTC-8)، Phako Perez نوشته:
I can recommend py charm

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 6, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Matthew Pava <Matthe...@iss.com> wrote:

PyCharm

Arturo Fernandez

Nov 7, 2018, 8:07:03 AM11/7/18
to Django users

He goes over how to create an admin page and have it working.

Saeed Pooladzadeh

Nov 8, 2018, 5:47:26 PM11/8/18
to Django users
Thanks for your help.
But this tutorial is not for windows and visual studio.

In which directory should I install python? Is it the same as other programs?
My terminal doesn't accept any of Django command!!

در چهارشنبه 7 نوامبر 2018، ساعت 5:07:03 (UTC-8)، Arturo Fernandez نوشته:

Ryan Gedwill

Nov 8, 2018, 8:50:27 PM11/8/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
You need to install django, then from the command line you can create the admin page, but the admin.py file will appear automatically when you create a django project

Sent from my iPhone

Mike Dewhirst

Nov 8, 2018, 11:01:21 PM11/8/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
I know very little about Visual Studio but I do believe development is
simpler when you avoid IDEs. If you simplify your approach you will
understand what Django wants without worrying about VS. Once you have a
handle on Django you will probably be able to integrate it with VS.

For example on Windows I install Python in the root of drive C: and then
set up a virtualenv directory for each project. The process of
establishing a virtualenv copies portions of Python into subdirectories
within the project directory - call that the project Python.

Virtualenv lets you keep the main Python installation in the root of C:
clean and tidy with very few additional libraries. I don't install
anything there. Not even the database driver for Postgres which is used
by all my projects. I definitely do not install Django. However, I do
keep pip updated in the main Python because it gets copied every time I
start a new virtualenv.

The software you want for a particular project - such as Django - gets
installed in the local project site-packages directory using local pip
which was copied local to the project by virtualenv

When you activate a particular virtualenv to work on a project, your
environment variables get manipulated to use the local project Python
and its libraries.

When I want to work on a project I open a command prompt, activate a
virtualenv, start the dev server and write code in a text editor. Then I
point my browser at http://localhost:8000/admin and look at the outcome.
When I want to run tests I open a command prompt and run the tests. Simple.

For VS you probably need to do much the same. Maybe VS wants to control
stuff for you? I found working with an IDE got in the way. The one I
tried needed to activate the environment, manage the repo, use up
machine resources and generally obscure my view.

ymmv

Mike

> On Nov 8, 2018, at 2:47 PM, Saeed Pooladzadeh <ling...@gmail.com
> <mailto:ling...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your help.
> But this tutorial is not for windows and visual studio.
>
> In which directory should I install python? Is it the same as other
> programs?
> My terminal doesn't accept any of Django command!!
>
> در چهارشنبه 7 نوامبر 2018، ساعت 5:07:03 (UTC-8)، Arturo Fernandez نوشته:
> Follow this tutorial:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmljXZIypDc&index=1&list=PL-osiE80TeTtoQCKZ03TU5fNfx2UY6U4p
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmljXZIypDc&index=1&list=PL-osiE80TeTtoQCKZ03TU5fNfx2UY6U4p>
>
> He goes over how to create an admin page and have it working.
>
> On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 9:02:03 PM UTC-5, Saeed Pooladzadeh wrote:
> But my problem is there is no admin page!!
> What is wrong? please inform me.
> در سه‌شنبه 6 نوامبر 2018، ساعت 17:39:25 (UTC-8)، Phako Perez نوشته:I
> can recommend py charm
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 6, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Matthew Pava <Matthe...@iss.com> wrote:
>
> PyCharm

Simon McConnell

Nov 9, 2018, 8:22:07 PM11/9/18
to Django users
Times have changed

swathi2801 Yadhav

Nov 11, 2018, 9:23:24 AM11/11/18
to django...@googlegroups.com, django-users...@googlegroups.com
Hi, everyone

please help me out to solve this error. According to this youtube video, I have done but actually, I do know where I'm going wrong.....for this applications

Python Django Tutorial: Full-Featured Web App Part 2 - Applications and Routes

Nov 11, 2018, 9:37:25 AM11/11/18
to Django users
In urls.py from app_name.views import blog
Message has been deleted

swathi2801 Yadhav

Nov 12, 2018, 10:57:08 AM11/12/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone
by using module  pyPdf2 I need to extract only certain data only  by using python
example : resume.pdf should be extracted to text only certain fields like name, phone number, email id, skills, qualifications

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 8:07 PM Aditya Bohra <adityab...@gmail.com> wrote:
In urls.py from app_name.views import blog

swathi2801 Yadhav

Nov 12, 2018, 11:29:27 AM11/12/18
to django...@googlegroups.com, django-users...@googlegroups.com