can Django replace PHP ?

Krishna Adhikari

Jun 28, 2021, 9:17:35 AM6/28/21
to Django users
Hello all  my seniors

I am doing Data Science programming (python) for 3 years now in my organization I also have to develop a Web Platform to deeply ML models and also to develop other web applications together.

I searched a lot of information on google, but till now I did not make a decision should I learn PHP or I can handle it all with Django?

can we solve all kinds of web application problems with Django without learning PHP ??
or PHP also recommended.

Thank you all in advance

Luis Zárate

Jun 28, 2021, 10:24:57 AM6/28/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi, you can create several web applications with Django. So I guest you can replace all web stuff with Django or other lib in python for web development.

"La utopía sirve para caminar" Fernando Birri

Boris Pérez

Jun 28, 2021, 10:50:28 AM6/28/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi friend...u can do everything u need in django...without use php...
Greetings

> Hi, you can create several web applications with Django. So I guest you can
> replace all web stuff with Django or other lib in python for web
> development.
>
> El lun, 28 jun 2021 a las 7:17, Krishna Adhikari (<kris...@gmail.com>)
> escribió:
>
>> Hello all my seniors
>>
>> I am doing Data Science programming (python) for 3 years now in my
>> organization I also have to develop a Web Platform to deeply ML models
>> and
>> also to develop other web applications together.
>>
>> I searched a lot of information on google, but till now I did not make a
>> decision should I learn PHP or I can handle it all with Django?
>>
>> *can we solve all kinds of web application problems with Django without
>> learning PHP ?? *
>> *or PHP also recommended.*
>>
>> Thank you all in advance
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f2007209-a90e-4a08-8d03-b2b3a1007e1en%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f2007209-a90e-4a08-8d03-b2b3a1007e1en%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>

> --
> "La utopía sirve para caminar" Fernando Birri

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAG%2B5VyOqHw6jRfSu3WL97csjz2npODsO-anVRkGALOhD7fbrvw%40mail.gmail.com.

Sam Chaffy

Jun 28, 2021, 10:52:26 AM6/28/21
to django...@googlegroups.com

Django gives you a builtin admin panel for free.

Enjoy

--
Oussama Chafiqui

Tim Chase

Jun 28, 2021, 11:05:42 AM6/28/21
to Krishna Adhikari, django...@googlegroups.com
On 2021-06-27 21:20, Krishna Adhikari wrote:
> *can we solve all kinds of web application problems with Django
> without learning PHP ?? *
> *or PHP also recommended.*

For just about aspect, either they're interchangeable, or I find that
Python/Django wins (readability, library consistency, breadth of
library, security, availability).

The one area where PHP excels is deployment. Want to deploy a PHP
app? It usually involves dumping some files in a folder on a shared
hosting service, using a config-wizard to point it at the right
data-store, and you're done. So if ease-of-new-installation mattered
most to me (such as setting up NextCloud/OwnCloud, dropping a gallery
or blog on shared cPanel hosting, etc), I might choose PHP.

Deploying Django project takes a little more hand-holding and the
right type of service-offerings from the hosting machine.

But if you have successfully deployed a Django project, you've
overcome the biggest hurdle, and Python/Django wins in pretty much
every subsequent category.

-tkc

Ahmed omar miladi

Jun 28, 2021, 11:09:25 AM6/28/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
today django is the best for all web application

Ajeet Kumar Gupt

Jun 28, 2021, 2:44:26 PM6/28/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Django is a best in web development as well most secure in comparison to php?

Peter van der Does

Jun 28, 2021, 3:16:02 PM6/28/21
to django...@googlegroups.com

Django !== PHP

Python is like PHP

Django is like Laravel

Kelvin Sajere

Jun 28, 2021, 3:21:11 PM6/28/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
You can create anything with both django and php, but to be fair, django can only really be compared to laravel which is the most popular web framework for php like django is for python. I suggest using django since you’ve already been working with python for years. It would be easier, you can develop projects faster and there practically nothing on the web that can’t be built with django right now.

--
KeLLs

Ari Davidow

Jun 28, 2021, 3:22:37 PM6/28/21
to 'Lance Ellinghaus' via Django users
I can't think of any application where you would want php in an environment where python is already available UNLESS there is a requirement to use a php-specific content management system such as WordPress or Drupal.

ari

Vkash Poudel

Jun 28, 2021, 4:33:31 PM6/28/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
I used to java SPRINGBOOT but after I am developing in Django I see it's more convenient than spring-boot.
Django is secure, it's simple, Very fast app development, documentation of Django its one of the best,
I hope Django can do whats PHP can.

--
Best Regards,
Bikash Poudel