BooleanField ignored by makemigrations Django 2.0

Gary Mumford

Feb 8, 2018, 5:28:19 PM2/8/18
to Django users
Hi,
I have just installed Django 2.0 and Python 3.6.3. I am not a noobie, but it has been a while since I djangoed.

I have several fields in a model.py which are BooleanField type.

When running makemigrations.py, these fields are being ignored and not being generated into the migrations code or the migrations db.

Also, any changes are not being tracked and so my migrations are getting hopelessly screwed.

To see if anything made sense - I ran an inspectdb on an existing mySQL db and found that even though this utility recognised the tinyInt being on the db - even after changing the field type to BooleanField - no changes were detected during makemigrations.

Has anyone seen this before and know how to work around it please?

Andy

Feb 13, 2018, 5:01:58 AM2/13/18
to Django users
Your app is most likely not listed in installed_apps when makemigrations is not picking up anything.
Or its just because you named it model.py instead of models.py?
Is any other model of that app picked up by makemigrations?