Registration in django

Harjot Mann

Oct 16, 2013, 9:48:23 AM10/16/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
I am using django-registration in my app and I implemented it
correctly but I want to add an another field in it like I want to have
the organization name from user and that name I want to display in the
dashboard of user. What should I need to do for it?
and what if I dont want to use the django-registration module and I
want to make my own code for registration and login?

--
Harjot Kaur Mann
Blog: http://harjotmann.wordpress.com/

Jaimin Patel

Oct 16, 2013, 9:56:44 AM10/16/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
you will need to update the registration/forms.py in order to add any additional field. When you adding organization name or any other field you must be creating some kind of profile for the user, so you should be able to store and retrieve the information to display on dashboard or anywhere else.

Also using django-registration doesn't restrict you from modifying and adding more forms for your application.

Harjot Mann

Oct 16, 2013, 10:24:28 AM10/16/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Jaimin Patel <jaimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you will need to update the registration/forms.py in order to add any
> additional field. When you adding organization name or any other field you
> must be creating some kind of profile for the user, so you should be able to
> store and retrieve the information to display on dashboard or anywhere else.
>
> Also using django-registration doesn't restrict you from modifying and
> adding more forms for your application.

But changing in forms is not doing any change. Its models id coming
from auth.models i.e User. How can I do the changes in it?

Nick Apostolakis

Oct 16, 2013, 12:37:47 PM10/16/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 16/10/2013 05:24 μμ, Harjot Mann wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Jaimin Patel <jaimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> you will need to update the registration/forms.py in order to add any
>> additional field. When you adding organization name or any other field you
>> must be creating some kind of profile for the user, so you should be able to
>> store and retrieve the information to display on dashboard or anywhere else.
>>
>> Also using django-registration doesn't restrict you from modifying and
>> adding more forms for your application.
>
> But changing in forms is not doing any change. Its models id coming
> from auth.models i.e User. How can I do the changes in it?

Hello there, I am using django-registration too. I have elected to add
the user details later in a secondary table (named as extra user
attributes in my case) that is linked with the user table.
This is filled from the user after the registration.
Just my 2 cents, it may suit your needs too

Nick Apostolakis
Msc in IT, University of Glasgow
e-mail: nick...@oncrete.gr
Web Site: http://nick.oncrete.gr