Password policy enforcement in django app

Eugene TUYIZERE

Nov 7, 2020, 5:24:44 AM11/7/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team,

I have an application that I want to validate the password when users are creating new passwords. I do not want to use the build in one, I want the customized one. Someone to help please?

Thank you

--
TUYIZERE Eugene

Msc Degree in Mathematical Science

African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS Cameroon)
Crystal Garden-Lime, Cameroon

Bsc in Computer Science

UR-Nyagatare Campus

Email: eugene....@aims-cameroon.org
           eugenet...@gmail.com

Tel: (+250) 7 88 26 33 38, (+250) 7 22 26 33 38

Kasper Laudrup

Nov 7, 2020, 2:45:32 PM11/7/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 07/11/2020 11.23, Eugene TUYIZERE wrote:
> I have an application that I want to validate the password when users
> are creating new passwords. I do not want to use the build in one, I
> want the customized one. Someone to help please?

https://sixfeetup.com/blog/custom-password-validators-in-django

Moses Omoto

Dec 2, 2020, 11:32:16 AM12/2/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Use allauth

Mike Dewhirst

Dec 2, 2020, 10:08:28 PM12/2/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 2/12/2020 8:21 pm, Moses Omoto wrote:
> Use allauth
>
> On Sat, 7 Nov 2020, 22:43 Kasper Laudrup, <lau...@stacktrace.dk
> <mailto:lau...@stacktrace.dk>> wrote:
>
> On 07/11/2020 11.23, Eugene TUYIZERE wrote:
> > I have an application that I want to validate the password when
> users
> > are creating new passwords. I do not want to use the build in
> one, I
> > want the customized one. Someone to help please?

Maybe you are looking for pwned-passwords-django which is middleware to
add extra checking for Django passwords.

Otherwise you need your own auth backend

--
Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can

OpenPGP_signature