Issue using django-admin

PARTH VERMA

Sep 18, 2016, 10:10:50 PM9/18/16
to Django users
Hello everyone,

I am new to Django and just cloned it. I am getting error running django-admin commands, the error says: "-bash: django-admin: command not found".
However, 'python -m django --version' this commands works just fine, returning the current version of Django (1.11). Can someone please help me out...

P.S. I am using OS X

Tim Graham

Sep 19, 2016, 5:28:45 AM9/19/16
to Django users

Bharathi Raja

Sep 19, 2016, 7:09:29 AM9/19/16
to Django users
As said in docs , your django version may be different, check your system $PATH or try symlinking

Kyle

Mar 3, 2017, 3:11:07 PM3/3/17
to Django users
I am running into the same situation as described above. How does symlinking solve my problem? That is, where do I symlink to, and how does that tell my computer where django-admin is?

chris rose

Mar 5, 2017, 3:21:16 AM3/5/17
to Django users
if you are new to django you don't want to download the development edition, this is more for contributing

firstly you need pip.

secondly, do your self a huge favour and install virtualenv and read the getting started docs now rather than later

once you have made a virtualenv directory and made it your current directory, you with need to activate the environment.

run pip install django

you shouldn't have a problem from here running the relevant django commands