Having a hard time installing Graphite on Windows 7

nate dingo

Jul 12, 2014, 1:24:49 PM7/12/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
I am following the instruction on this document.

http://www.s2-industries.com/wordpress/2013/01/running-graphite-webapp-on-windows

  • Install Python 2.7 (as mentioned in the other blog post)
  • Install PyPi (as mentioned in the other blog post)
  • Install PythonGTK+ (for Cairo graphics) from here
  • Install Django using a package from here. In my case, I used Django 1.4.2. Drop me a message if Graphite WebApp also works with newer versions of Django.
  • Install twisted using:
    pip install Twisted
  • Install zope.interface using:
    pip install zope.interface
Then where do I go? I have also installed GitHub and Pycairo, and "pygtk-all-in-one-2.24.0.win32-py2.7(2).msi"

Whisper scripts are in my python27/scripts but carbon and web-apps produce error messages when I try to load them using:
git clone https://github.com/graphite-project/graphite-web.git
git clone https://github.com/graphite-project/carbon.git
git clone https://github.com/graphite-project/whisper.git

Am I even in the ball park?

Thanks
Nate

rym.faleh...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2017, 7:10:41 AM9/27/17
to Django users
Hello nate, i'm having a hard installing graphite on windows too, i was wondering if you manage to make it work ? if you do, please could you provide me with the exact steps for the installation.
thank you