crm app

Mike Dewhirst

Jun 27, 2014, 11:01:43 PM6/27/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have a non-technical colleague who needs a fairly simple CRM system.
SugarCRM Community Edition is overkill.

Django packages doesn't have a CRM category so I wonder if anyone has
anything which might be in production?

I could install and configure for him but he is definitely in the
end-user camp and I'm not keen to become his primary support for someone
else's package.

He needs to keep track of prospects, write notes, add keywords and
search/filter his database on dates, keywords etc. Not sure what the etc
might actually be.

Thanks

Mike

Kelvin Wong

Jun 28, 2014, 12:05:12 AM6/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
If you don't want to help the fellow when he runs into issues, give him a supported product like Zoho CRM. It is free for 3 users.

I'm currently reviewing Tree.io for a client and while it looks nice, it uses Piston (abandonware), Jinja (unnecessary), Dajaxice (a bad idea generally). I wouldn't recommend it at this point.

Mike Dewhirst

Jun 28, 2014, 1:42:48 AM6/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kelvin. It looks good at first glance.

Do you know if Django-CRM is suitable for an end user?

Mike
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/247fd82c-0b64-4731-a409-37b8f3a22870%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/247fd82c-0b64-4731-a409-37b8f3a22870%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Phang Mulianto

Jun 28, 2014, 4:19:30 AM6/28/14
to django-users
have a look of openerp which have crm on the package..

it has cloud offer also, and is still free for a few user.

On Friday, June 27, 2014 8:01:43 PM UTC-7, Mike Dewhirst wrote:

    I have a non-technical colleague who needs a fairly simple CRM system.
    SugarCRM Community Edition is overkill.

Andreas Schosser

Jun 28, 2014, 9:01:11 AM6/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

Kelvin Wong

Jun 28, 2014, 12:45:38 PM6/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
I've not used Django-CRM.

I've used Salesforce in the past, but it is even more overkill than SugarCRM. It is incredibly flexible though. It depends on what your client's requirements are.

Keep in mind what they are going to do for on-going support (backup, etc). Non-tech users always need support and training. As developers it is easy to take this for granted.

Mike Dewhirst

Jun 29, 2014, 3:39:03 AM6/29/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 29/06/2014 2:45 AM, Kelvin Wong wrote:
> I've not used Django-CRM.
>
> I've used Salesforce in the past, but it is even more overkill than
> SugarCRM. It is incredibly flexible though. It depends on what your
> client's requirements are.
>
> Keep in mind what they are going to do for on-going support (backup,
> etc). Non-tech users always need support and training. As developers it
> is easy to take this for granted.

You are absolutely right. I won't forget!

> On Friday, June 27, 2014 10:42:48 PM UTC-7, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
>
> Thanks Kelvin. It looks good at first glance.
>
> Do you know if Django-CRM is suitable for an end user?
>
> Mike

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/bfb40a14-fa55-463a-b0a3-1c2ec4f231a6%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/bfb40a14-fa55-463a-b0a3-1c2ec4f231a6%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Mike Dewhirst

Jun 29, 2014, 3:40:35 AM6/29/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 28/06/2014 6:18 PM, Phang Mulianto wrote:
> have a look of openerp which have crm on the package..

Thanks Phang - I discovered the CRM comparison on wikipedia which lists
a couple of Django CRMs ao I'll check openERP and the others.

> it has cloud offer also, and is still free for a few user.
>

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au
> <mailto:mi...@dewhirst.com.au>> wrote:
>
> Thanks Kelvin. It looks good at first glance.
>
> Do you know if Django-CRM is suitable for an end user?
>
> Mike
>

> On 28/06/2014 2:05 PM, Kelvin Wong wrote:
>
> If you don't want to help the fellow when he runs into issues,
> give him
> a supported product like Zoho CRM. It is free for 3 users.
>
> I'm currently reviewing Tree.io for a client and while it looks
> nice, it
> uses Piston (abandonware), Jinja (unnecessary), Dajaxice (a bad idea
> generally). I wouldn't recommend it at this point.

> On Friday, June 27, 2014 8:01:43 PM UTC-7, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
>
> Â Â I have a non-technical colleague who needs a fairly simple
> CRM system.
> Â Â SugarCRM Community Edition is overkill.

> To post to this group, send email to
> django...@googlegroups.com <mailto:django...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:django-users@__googlegroups.com
> <mailto:django...@googlegroups.com>>.
>
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/__group/django-users
> <http://groups.google.com/group/django-users>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/__msgid/django-users/247fd82c-__0b64-4731-a409-37b8f3a22870%__40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/247fd82c-0b64-4731-a409-37b8f3a22870%40googlegroups.com>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/__msgid/django-users/247fd82c-__0b64-4731-a409-37b8f3a22870%__40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=__email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/247fd82c-0b64-4731-a409-37b8f3a22870%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.

> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/__msgid/django-users/53AE55BA.__4010804%40dewhirst.com.au
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/53AE55BA.4010804%40dewhirst.com.au>.

> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2BSr5mTi7z1SVBKJoWrTQTU8p%2BDwn2iW%2B-jMJwZRqWQRhpmm7Q%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2BSr5mTi7z1SVBKJoWrTQTU8p%2BDwn2iW%2B-jMJwZRqWQRhpmm7Q%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Mike Dewhirst

Jun 29, 2014, 3:43:19 AM6/29/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Andreas

I'm also interested django-cms for another project so thank you for
steering me in that direction.

Cheers

Mike