Mypy-django: Enable static type checking in your django projects

Elías Andrawos

Oct 6, 2016, 12:51:12 PM10/6/16
to Django users

Hi all,
We’re happy to make a release of mypy-django 0.1.1, the first of many!
It’s a collection of type stubs for using with the mypy static type checking tool (and also with other PEP-484 compliant tools).

more info;
http://www.machinalis.com/blog/first-release-of-mypy-django/
https://github.com/machinalis/mypy-django

Feedback is welcome, thanks in advance

Elías

Jari Pennanen

Oct 14, 2016, 4:53:11 AM10/14/16
to Django users
Hello!

This is awesome, I stopped using Django ~4 years ago, because type safety is something I think is necessity in bigger projects.

Why is this a separate repo? Shouldn't this be the project for Django devs? I cannot consider Django again until type-safety (in API / models level at least) is part of the ethos of main developers.

Sad fact is that right now my frontend stack is more durable (TypeScript + React which type checks even templates) than backend if I were to use Django without types.

Thanks.