Looking for a good Django Forum

Frankline

Sep 4, 2015, 4:45:30 AM9/4/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Anyone know of a good forum that integrates nicely with django? Specifically both the Forum and django app should use the same userbase. Also something that is easy to integrate and theme.

I have been looking at both LBForum and DjangoBB.

Interested to hear from those who have actually implemented it.

./FO

Adam

May 31, 2016, 2:11:58 PM5/31/16
to Django users

Me too - I'm looking for something simple; I have only looked at packages that were updated in 2016, so far I have examined:

    Pybbm - I tried this - the templates, views and models were complicated and hard to customize though the documentation was good.  I may go back to this.
    Spirit -  the file structure put me off. it seems needlessly complicated with several apps and the templates stored in different directories.  I will try this next.
    Machina and Misago both say not to use in production .

    I am going to try lbforum now.

Adam