AttributeError at /sitemap.xml

Kelvin Jayanoris

Feb 10, 2016, 9:52:44 AM2/10/16
to Django users
It seems that django/contrib/sitemaps/__init__.py line 146 causes an attribute error sometimes as such:

AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'filter'

I think this is because it always expects a queryset and fails when a list is provided.

Is this a known issue, or not an issue at all?

Thank you guys.

Sorry if I broke any rules (I'm new here)

Kelvin

Michal Petrucha

Feb 10, 2016, 10:56:07 AM2/10/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 06:01:28AM -0800, Kelvin Jayanoris wrote:
> It seems that django/contrib/sitemaps/__init__.py line 146 causes an
> attribute error sometimes as such:
>
> AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'filter'
>
> I think this is because it always expects a queryset and fails when a list
> is provided.
>
> Is this a known issue, or not an issue at all?

Hi Kelvin,

I'm assuming that the AttributeError occurs in cases where you pass a
list into the "queryset" key of a GenericSitemap's "info_dict". Is
there any indication in the docs that a list should be supported
there? If that's the case, then it is a bug (either in the docs, or
with the implementation), but according to
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/ref/contrib/sitemaps/#django.contrib.sitemaps.GenericSitemap
only a queryset is supported there, not a regular list of objects.

If you need to create a sitemap with a regular list instead of a
queryset, you might want to consider creating your own subclass of
Sitemap, and override its "items" method.

Good luck,

Michal

> Thank you guys.
>
> Sorry if I broke any rules (I'm new here)
>

> Kelvin

signature.asc