Django and Zinnia + DjangoCMS

Silvio Siefke

Apr 23, 2014, 5:52:25 PM4/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

im not sure is allowed to ask here. I want run Django CMS, Django is
sympa but im not a programmer so i think django cms make it easier to
run a Website. At moment i try local tests to convert my pages in this
system.

I has 2 problems with the this system.

1.) Must i activate in settings.py the zinnia.urls or goes this automatich?
The problem is i become msg in admin interface,

"Menu CategoryMenu cannot be loaded. Please, make sure all its urls exist
and can be resolved. Menu TagMenu cannot be loaded. Please, make sure all
its urls exist and can be resolved. Menu AuthorMenu cannot be loaded.
Please, make sure all its urls exist and can be resolved."

"/var/www/dcms/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cms/context_processors.py:20: DeprecationWarning: cms.context_processors.media has been deprecated
in favor of cms.context_processors.cms_settings. Please update your
configuration 'configuration', DeprecationWarning)

No handlers could be found for logger "menus""

2.) When i go in user settings i become

"TransactionManagementError at /en/admin/cms/usersettings/
Your database backend doesn't behave properly when autocommit is off.
Turn it on before using 'atomic'." I has googled but when i fix it
with 'ATOMIC_REQUESTS': True i become

TransactionManagementError at /en/admin/cms/usersettings/
This is forbidden when an 'atomic' block is active.

Has someone an advice?

Django V. 1.6.3
Django CMS 3

Thank you for help & Nice Day
Silvio

Jared Nielsen

Apr 24, 2014, 11:17:11 AM4/24/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
If you're not a programmer, new to Django, and need a CMS, why not use Mezzanine?

You'll have a fully functional site up and running in a very short time with the added bonus that you can learn Django (and programming) as you work backwards, reverse engineering Mezzanine.

Also, Mezzanine's built-in blog is better than Zinnia, IMO.

Silvio Siefke

Apr 24, 2014, 11:37:33 AM4/24/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:17:11 -0700 (PDT) Jared Nielsen
<nielse...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're not a programmer, new to Django, and need a CMS, why not
> use Mezzanine <http://mezzanine.jupo.org>?

Mezzanine i know but i not so really understand the theming there.

> You'll have a fully functional site up and running in a very short
> time with the added bonus that you can learn Django (and programming)
> as you work backwards, reverse engineering Mezzanine.

Ok is with Django CMS same, when you nothing other need you have direct
a website running and is good to work with it. But Blog manuell is little
hard.

> Also, Mezzanine's built-in blog is better than Zinnia, IMO.

Yes that's correct. I will see which i use. At moment both are installed
and with bot i teach me little. Theming for me should be easy, template
with some tags for CMS/Mezzanine is the best way.

Jared Nielsen

Apr 24, 2014, 12:05:40 PM4/24/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Theming Mezzanine, once you wrap your head around it, is very easy.
Check out these links to get you started:
http://theneum.com/blog/styling-twitter-bootstrap-and-mezzanine/
http://rosslaird.com/blog/customizing-mezzanine/
http://rodmtech.net/docs/mezzanine/a-mezzanine-tutorial-take-2/

For a Bootstrap theme I recommend Bootswatch: http://bootswatch.com/

Silvio Siefke

Apr 24, 2014, 12:26:30 PM4/24/14

<nielse...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're not a programmer, new to Django, and need a CMS, why not
> use Mezzanine <http://mezzanine.jupo.org>?

I has forget to say, in Django CMS i can easy use translations of page.
In Mezzanine i found not really this. The settings.py ok i can write
in it, but in admin backend i nothing see.

Thank you for help & Nice Day
Silvio
Silvio Siefke <siefke...@gmail.com>

Silvio Siefke

Apr 24, 2014, 12:49:55 PM4/24/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:05:40 -0700 (PDT) Jared Nielsen
<nielse...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Theming Mezzanine, once you wrap your head around it, is very easy.
> Check out these links to get you started:
> http://theneum.com/blog/styling-twitter-bootstrap-and-mezzanine/
> http://rosslaird.com/blog/customizing-mezzanine/
> http://rodmtech.net/docs/mezzanine/a-mezzanine-tutorial-take-2/
>
> For a Bootstrap theme I recommend Bootswatch: http://bootswatch.com/

Thanks i try it :)

Thank you for help & Nice Day
Silvio

Silvio Siefke

Apr 27, 2014, 9:23:35 AM4/27/14

<nielse...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Theming Mezzanine, once you wrap your head around it, is very easy.
> Check out these links to get you started:
> http://theneum.com/blog/styling-twitter-bootstrap-and-mezzanine/
> http://rosslaird.com/blog/customizing-mezzanine/
> http://rodmtech.net/docs/mezzanine/a-mezzanine-tutorial-take-2/

Ok two question i have.

- Can i not use one template? My html template which i use at moment?
- I use Nginx for deploying the websites. What is best way with
Django Mezzanine and Nginx? I think Proxy Pass is to slow, so my
feeling.