Telnet problem

Mostapha Bouderka

May 27, 2021, 7:27:54 AM5/27/21
to Django users
Hi.

I know this isn't django related but I searched everywhere and couldn't find any help.
The issue is, in order to send emails using smtp (or even django's send_mail), I had to initiate " telnet smtp.gmail.com 587 ", which worked for a while, but now I can't get it to work. When I type this command in the terminal, I get this error :

Connecting To smtp.gmail.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 587: Connect failed

I'm using Windows. Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Antonis Christofides

May 27, 2021, 8:28:37 AM5/27/21
to django...@googlegroups.com

Google doesn't officially support using its email service as a smarthost (at least not so with free accounts). Therefore some things may be working for a time and then they might stop working.

Antonis Christofides
+30-6979924665 (mobile)

Mottaz Hegaze

May 27, 2021, 9:13:06 AM5/27/21
to Django users
Maybe your ip is blocked now.

Mostapha Bouderka

May 27, 2021, 10:07:31 AM5/27/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to ublock it?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAHV4E-cz8n1PhOoOu8v6jyJ-CJuZNz%2BpzY_8%3D2er5OH5VbekKA%40mail.gmail.com.

Kasper Laudrup

May 27, 2021, 10:39:59 AM5/27/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 5/27/21 4:05 PM, Mostapha Bouderka wrote:
> Is there a way to ublock it?

Yes. Use a provider that officially supports your use case. It could
most likely be Google if you are willing to pay them (with money instead
of just your personal data).

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup

Pankaj Jangid

May 27, 2021, 10:22:20 PM5/27/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Mostapha Bouderka <mr.mos...@gmail.com> writes:

> send_mail), I had to initiate " telnet smtp.gmail.com 587 ", which worked
> for a while, but now I can't get it to work. When I type this command in
> the terminal, I get this error :
>
> Connecting To smtp.gmail.com...Could not open connection to the host, on
> port 587: Connect failed

May be that the issue is related to TLS.

Kasper Laudrup

May 28, 2021, 2:11:33 AM5/28/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 28/05/2021 04.21, Pankaj Jangid wrote:

>> Connecting To smtp.gmail.com...Could not open connection to the host, on
>> port 587: Connect failed
>
> May be that the issue is related to TLS.

The TLS handshake/setup only happens after a successful TCP connect, so
that is very unlikely.

Or to put it another way, before computers on a network can start
agreeing on talking encrypted to each other, they have to agree on
talking together in the first place. In this case one of the computers
(gmail) says "go away" the moment the other computer tries to talk to it.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup

OpenPGP_signature