Django mysql over ssl (2026, 'SSL connection error: Failed to set ciphers to use')

al...@doctuo.com

Oct 31, 2013, 5:25:56 AM10/31/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using apache / wsgi and my aplication it's on a virtualenv.

The main problem is that I can't connect to a remote mysql over ssl.

The first think checked was the ssl configuration... but it's all rigth becouse I can run all django commands, (runserver too) without any problem, and the aplications it's connecting to the remote database over ssl correctly.

The next think checked was runserver response and the application doesn't raise any error...  it works perfectly...

With that two points i can see that the problem is in the wsgi,  specifically with the libraries that load to run the application becouse it's the only think that I can see that is diferent from a runserver (executed inside the virtualenv)

Anyone have had the same problem or can give me ant clue, I'm spending a lot of hours tryng to solve that.

The next test will be change to nginx to see if the problem persist..

Tom Evans

Oct 31, 2013, 11:07:01 AM10/31/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like libmysqlclient is linked to a different libssl than
httpd/mod_ssl is linked to.

ldd /path/to/libmysqlclient.so
ldd /path/to/mod_ssl.so

If so, fix it - upgrade one or the other.

Cheers

Tom