I Suck

Edson Rodrigues

Oct 24, 2018, 10:36:00 AM10/24/18
to Django users
This is just an outburst. I have been trying to learn Django for months and I do not learn. I already paid for a course at Udemy, followed tutorials on YouTube, followed the Django Project tutorial and nothing worked to me. I am a failure as a programmer / developer. :(

vineeth sagar

Oct 24, 2018, 10:47:28 AM10/24/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This kind of attitude gets you no where my man, Programming is supposed to be hard. You pick-up things every day. First focus on your weaknesses and then work your way up. If you don't have good python experience learn python first and then comeback to django. If there is some part of django you don't understand read the docs like a thousand times or even post it here people are glad to help. try this as a last resort https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Server-side/Django Be patient no one masters something by doing a udemy course or a week or a month. See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIJdFxYlEKE

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 8:05 PM Edson Rodrigues <edson....@gmail.com> wrote:
This is just an outburst. I have been trying to learn Django for months and I do not learn. I already paid for a course at Udemy, followed tutorials on YouTube, followed the Django Project tutorial and nothing worked to me. I am a failure as a programmer / developer. :(

Ing.Daniel Bojorge

Oct 24, 2018, 10:50:13 AM10/24/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Try to learn with an case or problem that you want to resolv.  Try to automatize some task, and then You can go learning with the practice.

Code is hard, but is beautifull!!!

Mi Blog
Nicaragua

"Si ustedes permanecen unidos a mí, y si permanecen fieles a mis enseñanzas, pidan lo que quieran y se les dará.
(Juan 15:7 DHH)
Bendito el varón que se fía en el SEÑOR, y cuya confianza es el SEÑOR.
(Jeremías 17:7 RV2000)

Ishtiaq Ahsan

Oct 24, 2018, 10:55:33 AM10/24/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
I also did suck. I think it was worse than yours. It was just few months ago. Now I am pretty comfortable with almost any backend framework.

So asking you few questions:

Q1: Do you know python?
Q2: Are you familiar with MVC or similar architectural concepts?
Q3: Do you know any other backend framework (like Laravel/Flusk/Express.js)?

Regards
Ishtiaq

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 8:35 PM, Edson Rodrigues <edson....@gmail.com> wrote:
This is just an outburst. I have been trying to learn Django for months and I do not learn. I already paid for a course at Udemy, followed tutorials on YouTube, followed the Django Project tutorial and nothing worked to me. I am a failure as a programmer / developer. :(

Best regards,

Ishtiaq
(+88) 016 1000 1101

PARTH PATIL

Oct 24, 2018, 1:20:39 PM10/24/18
to Django users
Hey don't get disheartened, even i faced the same problem when i was learning django for the first time. I will just you don't rush things. Just try doing some small things first. You can change a few lnes from example code and see how it affects the system. This kind of things really help.

Also you can try referring to this YouTube series

Django Web Development with Python: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQVvvaa0QuDeA05ZouE4OzDYLHY-XH-Nd

I found this one very useful, i have watched this 20 30 times and every time i learn something new must try
Also never give up you will learn it eventually, every one has a different learning pace nothing to be ashamed of

Vineet Kothari

Oct 24, 2018, 1:22:22 PM10/24/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
We all suck, give it a go

Ryan Gedwill

Oct 24, 2018, 1:43:58 PM10/24/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
I felt the same as you while learning django, and I already had some professional experience.

It is extremely overwhelming to learn something like this on your own. Even people who go to college and get internships don't have to go through it.

Pick something you want to make, and break it down into as tiny of pieces as you can. You want to make a blog? Start with registering a user from the command line. Make a login form. Make the homepage. Make the navbar. Extend the login form to send a confirmation email. Extend the registration form to ask and store their address, or security questions. Make a page where only logged in users can access. Just a blank page. Always work in small steps like these. If I can't break them down like this, I usually try to make a graphic on a piece of paper to help me visualize it.

Don't be afraid of the command line, it will allow you to test miniature pieces of your code. Instead of trying to display something on a web page, just try printing it to the console, usually getting it to the 'frontend' (on a web page) is a whole separate step.

The #1 rule is to break everything down into tiny pieces that are manageable.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 7:35 AM Edson Rodrigues <edson....@gmail.com> wrote:
This is just an outburst. I have been trying to learn Django for months and I do not learn. I already paid for a course at Udemy, followed tutorials on YouTube, followed the Django Project tutorial and nothing worked to me. I am a failure as a programmer / developer. :(

Mark Phillips

Oct 24, 2018, 3:07:45 PM10/24/18
to django users
Are you working on a project now? What is the project, and where are you stuck? What specifically are you trying to get to work with django?

Let us know the specifics of your project and where you are stuck so we can help!

You aren't alone in this - the purpose of this list is to help each other!

Mark

Holger Otto ANDRE

Oct 24, 2018, 5:12:13 PM10/24/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Weird !!! I just began the last week and I found it  piece of cake.
I am using Visual Studio 2017 community (its free) and you can find in MSDN and Microsoft Academy very simple to follow tutorials and samples
You can give it a try

Holger André

Gerardo Palazuelos Guerrero

Oct 24, 2018, 6:10:46 PM10/24/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Dude,
We are all like you, at some point. I'm also an experienced programmer, and Django has been kind of different. I'm still learning.

Listen the other guys: set a goal and solve it. Simple.

Good luck.

--
Gerardo Palazuelos Guerrero

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 8:35 AM Edson Rodrigues <edson....@gmail.com> wrote:
This is just an outburst. I have been trying to learn Django for months and I do not learn. I already paid for a course at Udemy, followed tutorials on YouTube, followed the Django Project tutorial and nothing worked to me. I am a failure as a programmer / developer. :(

Motaz Hejaze

Oct 25, 2018, 7:50:25 AM10/25/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Edson my Bro ,

all you need is to make simple thing , make just a traditional Home/About/Contact website , i can walk you through it if you want ..

Mark Phillips

Oct 27, 2018, 11:50:31 AM10/27/18
to django users
Take a look at this article...you aren't alone!

Mark

Bugs Bunny

Oct 27, 2018, 12:37:23 PM10/27/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Try to learn python you must, from begining to the end, learn about other MVC frameworks

El mié, 24 de octubre de 2018 10:05, Edson Rodrigues <edson....@gmail.com> escribió:
This is just an outburst. I have been trying to learn Django for months and I do not learn. I already paid for a course at Udemy, followed tutorials on YouTube, followed the Django Project tutorial and nothing worked to me. I am a failure as a programmer / developer. :(

Edson Rodrigues

Oct 27, 2018, 2:33:28 PM10/27/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thank you guys for the support, I was on a hard day on that day. College and Work are filling me with self-doubt everday, but I better now, trying to take the easy with the life chellenges. To be honest, I wasn't expecting this topic to be approved, but I'm glad it was. You guys are good people. Thank you all!

Edson Rodrigues

TI and Web Design Ninja

Telefone para contato: (91) 983152932

Redes Sociais:

William Vincent

Nov 2, 2018, 1:42:49 PM11/2/18
to Django users
Try this out if you're a beginner: https://djangoforbeginners.com/.

Not every teacher works for every student. The key thing is this stuff is hard but it's not rocket science. Step by step. And as you've done here, don't be afraid to reach out for help. Django is a great community in that respect.

Lance Haig

Nov 7, 2018, 8:06:55 AM11/7/18
to django...@googlegroups.com

Edson,

I did not know python when I started with Django and although I am not a programmer I enjoy working with it now.

I agree that having a project to work on is the best way to practice as to get good at something you need to practice.

When you are frustrated ask questions. This is the best way to solve your frustrations.

When I was struggling with my app I got sop frustrated I almost gave up and then I asked someone how they would solve this problem and what they said helped me to get past my frustrations and to continue on.

Keep trying and ask your questions here I am sure you will get answers to the tough ones :-)

Lance