The Photo could not be created because the data didn't validate.

Josh Houghton

Sep 20, 2016, 6:50:12 AM9/20/16
to Django users
I'm currently trying to allow users to upload photos to my site.

They will be sent to /upload to upload a photo which will (if the upload is successful) take them to /edit/ where they will enter the name and tags to the photo.

However, when I upload a 3.6MB .jpg to the site, I keep getting the above error.

See the code below, any tips?

def upload_photo(request):

if not request.user.is_authenticated:

return redirect('photos:login_user')

if request.method == 'POST':

 form
= PhotoUploadForm(request.FILES)

if form.is_valid():

 newphoto
= form.save()

return redirect('photos:single_photo', photo_id=newphoto.id)

else:

return HttpResponse()

else:

 form
= PhotoUploadForm()

return render(request, 'photos/uploadphoto.html', context={'form': form})

HTML:

{% block content%}

<form method="post" action="">

{% csrf_token %}

{% for field in form %}

<label class="control-label">{{ field.label_tag }}</label>

<button type="submit" class="btn btn-success">Submit</button>

{%
endfor %}
</form>

{% endblock %}