Accessing Django through ssh tunneling and error to get status

Dikus Extrange

Jul 12, 2018, 7:22:33 AM7/12/18
to Django users
Hi everyone. I'm accessing to a Django application through a ssh tunnel with putty as client. I run the server with ./manage.py run server 127.0.0.1:8000 and it starts right but launching an infinite and annoying message:

Not found: /http:/127.0.0.1:8000/status

Could anyone tell me if it's a bug of Django, a missconfiguration or what?

Running the server without ssh tunneling is OK. I had to add localhost.localdomain and 127.0.0.1 to allowed hosts in settings.py.

Django version 2.0.6.

Thank you in advance.
Dikus

Jason

Jul 12, 2018, 7:27:50 AM7/12/18
to Django users
you should use 0.0.0.0 for the ip address rather than 127.0.0.1

Dikus Extrange

Jul 12, 2018, 12:33:50 PM7/12/18
to Django users
Hi Jason. Thank you for your reply. I tried with your suggestion.

Django complained about putting then name of my laptop and its domain in allowed hosts (I had to put 'localhost' and '127.0.0.1' before). So I put it in settings.py and the. Result is the same with the same message.

Robert Edward

Jul 13, 2018, 5:39:16 PM7/13/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hey, uhm I faced a similar problem lately. Try this in the Settings.py file,

Inside the brackets insert an asterisk ✳
It should look something like this

Allowed host = [ *];
Then try again.

Dikus Extrange

Jul 16, 2018, 2:56:07 AM7/16/18
to Django users
Hi Robert. Thank you for your piece of advice. I tried writting

ALLOWED HOSTS = ['*',]

And after running the server, it throws the same message:

Not Found: /http:/127.0.0.1:8000/status
Etc,etc...

I wonder why the protocol has only a slash (http:/ rather http://). Could it be a wrong message?

Melvyn Sopacua

Jul 16, 2018, 5:00:42 AM7/16/18
to django...@googlegroups.com

On maandag 16 juli 2018 08:56:06 CEST Dikus Extrange wrote:

> Not Found: /http:/127.0.0.1:8000/status

> Etc,etc...

> I wonder why the protocol has only a slash (http:/ rather http://). Could it

> be a wrong message?

This looks like a wrongly configured status monitor of some sorts, like for example using nginx health checks. But there are more implementations, so don't focus on the nginx part.

Probably the quickest way to identify the culprit is to use sysadmin utilities like sockstat, netstat and similar.

--

Melvyn Sopacua