Re: DjangoCon Philly July 17-22. See you there?...

fr...@bristle.com

May 31, 2016, 3:13:30 PM5/31/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
Python programmers, Consultants and Job Seekers,

Today's the last day of early bird pricing for DjangoCon, the
world-wide Django conference, which is in Philly this year!

With the $50 early-bird discount, this 6-day event costs only
$295 (individual), $495 (corporate), with a student/diversity
price of only $195. For those of us who are local, with no
airfare or hotel costs, that's dirt cheap.

It's a great place to dive deep into the Web framework that you've
come to know and love, or to get a jumpstart on a new technology
that you've been dying to learn.

I've been using Python/Django for nearly 4 years. I'm a huge fan.

Details:
- Sun July 17 - Fri July 22
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
3620 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- $295 for all 6 days ($195 for students)
- 1 day of tutorials
- 3 days of talks
- 2 days of sprints (working on the actual Django code base)
- Financial aid is available for tickets, travel and other expenses
- 500 people attending
- https://2016.djangocon.us/

Sessions/Speakers:
------------------

- A new look into APIs - Graphene (Syrus Akbary)

- Full Auto Django: Scaling and HA with Docker, Kubernetes and Atomic
(Josh Berkus)

- Happy Asset Deployments with Webpack & Django (Scott Burns)

- Git in Control, Version Control and How it Could Save Your Life
(Rachell Calhoun)

- Websockets: Intro to messaging. (Josue Balandrano Coronel)

- High-Availability Django (Frankie Dintino)

- Building Dynamic Dashboards with Django and D3 (Clinton Dreisbach)

- Beyond PO: How to make Django work for right-to-left languages (Cho
Garcia & Payam)

- Solving problems with Django Forms. (Kirt Gittens)

- I Didn't Know QuerySets Could Do That (Charlie Guo)

- Geospatial Analysis with GeoDjango (Don Holloway)

- SSL all the things (Markus Holtermann)

- An Intro To Web Accessibility In Django (Annalee Flower Horne)

- Readability Counts (Trey Hunner)

- People are coming to my beginning workshop, what now? (Nicholle
James)

- Frog and Toad Learn About Django Security (Philip James)

- Things your mother didn't teach you about sharing your toys (Russell
Keith-Magee)

- This Old Pony: Working with Legacy Django Apps (Ben Lopatin)

- Walking Down the A11y Road - Lessons Learnt from Working on
Accessibility of a Django Project (Radina Matic)

- Django and React: Perfect Together (Jack McCloy)

- Stress Testing your Code of Conduct in Production (Baptiste Mispelon
& Ola Sendecka)

- Django Supporting Virtual Reality Game Development (Rudy Mutter)

- Django, Python, and Health Care Data (Becca Nock)

- Dispelling the 'Genius Programmer' Myth Through Code Review (Ashwini
Oruganti)

- Rub-a-Dub Rubber Duck: Don't Be Afraid to Debug! (Anna Ossowski)

- Spicing up Django: An introduction to Mezzanine CMS (Ed Rivas)

- MBaaS Framework: Built with Django & Django REST Framework
(Kartikeya Rokde)

- Building JSON APIs with Django / Pinax (Brian Rosner)

- How We Used NLP and Django to Build a Movie Suggestion Website &
Twitterbot (Vince Salvino)

- Django for IoT: From hackathon to production (Anna Schneider)

- Angular 2 and You (Pam Selle)

- Pushing the Pony's boundaries -- Django Admin Customization (Ola
Sitarska)

- Sign Me Up - Choosing & using a registration package for your Django
project (Eleanor Stribling)

- Just Enough Typography (Joni Trythall)

- Under the Hood of Modern CSS Frameworks (Michael Trythall)

- Atomic Wagtail (Kurt Wall)

- Making the most Out of Code Reviews (Mariatta Wijaya)

- Entomology 101: Effective Bug Hunting (Frank Wiles)

- The Fraud Police are Coming: Work, Leadership, and Imposter Syndrome
(Amanda Clark & Briana Morgan)

- From Developer to Manager (Sean O'Connor)

- Design for Non-Designers (Tracy Osborn)

- The City as Cyborg: a history of Civic Tech in the first quarter of
the 21st Century (Mjumbe Poe)

- The Full Stack of User Experience (Alicia C. Raciti)

- Healthy Minds in a Healthy Community (Erik Romijn)

- It Is Darkest Before Dawn: Alcoholism and Addiction in Tech (Timothy
Allen)

- The impact of women learning to code in developing countries:
benefits and challenges. (Aisha Bello & Ibrahim Diop)

See my earlier email appended below for more details and what I like
about Django.

See you at DjangoCon?

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fr...@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.

From: fr...@bristle.com
List: Stluka_Python_List
List: Stluka_Consultants_List
List: Stluka_Job_Wanted_List
Subject: DjangoCon Philly July 17-22. See you there?...
Date: Sat Apr 09 16:43:04 EDT 2016

Python programmers, Consultants and Job Seekers,

DjangoCon, the world-wide Django conference, is in Philly this year!

It's a great place to dive deep into the Web framework that you've
come to know and love, or to get a jumpstart on a new technology
that you've been dying to learn.

I've been using Python/Django for nearly 4 years. I'm a huge fan.

Details:
- Sun July 17 - Fri July 22
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
3620 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- $295 for all 6 days ($195 for students)
- 1 day of tutorials
- 3 days of talks
- 2 days of sprints (working on the actual Django code base)
- Financial aid is available for tickets, travel and other expenses
- 500 people attending
- https://2016.djangocon.us/

Register now to attend.

Or sign up to be a speaker and attend for free. There's a team
of speaker mentors if you have good info to share but are not
comfortable speaking to a large crowd. They can help you with
proposing, preparing and presenting your talk.

Or sign up as a volunteer like me to:
- Review talks and tutorials
- Spread the word
- Work on the website
- Run sessions, helping the speaker and attendees with logistics
- Man the registration desk
- Stuff swag bags

For those of you new to Django, here's what I like about it:
- MVC Framework (models, templates, views)
- ORM, DB migrations, syncdb, inspectdb
- Makes simple things easy, and complex things possible
- Automatic data validation
- Automated regression tests
- Middleware
- VERY friendly and helpful user community

See you at DjangoCon?

--Fred
To subscribe to additional lists: Reply, specifying list name(s).

Copyright (c) 2016, Bristle Software, Inc.