Django and Live Chat

Haroon Ahmed

Apr 10, 2018, 1:53:29 AM4/10/18
to Django users
Hi,

    I am using Django 1.9.8 and Python 3.4.4, will upgrade my django to 1.11,
    I want to create Chat functionality in my project, My requirement is that application users can Live chat with Admin users and maintain chat history of each user!
    Please suggest some packages or solution that i can customize according to my requirement!

    Any kind of hep will be appreciated in advance.

Regards,
Haroon Ahmed

Jason

Apr 10, 2018, 7:40:53 AM4/10/18
to Django users
check out django-channels.  but this is a pretty big feature you're looking into with lots of extra required infrastructure.

Daniel Ash

Apr 10, 2018, 5:55:38 PM4/10/18
to Django users
If I was going to tackle this, I would use XMPP as the protocol.  If it's internal only it will be easier than if there is a requirement to federate external to your environment.  Someone already did some of the work for you.