How to display file&folder tree using Django. Help, please!

Yura

Feb 8, 2019, 7:24:01 AM2/8/19
to Django users
Hello everyone! I really need help. I’ve got SQL table which contains exhaustive files and folders information and I need to show tree of those files on a website. But not only show, it’s supposed to be interactive, so that a user can scroll, open folders and mark any of the items.
I think it might look like an example on the attached picture (or here, example png link: https://yadi.sk/i/H3wzUMt_UmT3AQ ).
If someone can give advice how to implement this app in django that would be really helpful, or maybe just any thoughts regarding it, I’d really appreciate it.
example.png

Mario R. Osorio

Feb 8, 2019, 12:27:26 PM2/8/19
to Django users
If you're just looking into just presenting trees, you might want to check How TO - Tree View (https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_treeview.asp) or Bootstrap Tree View (https://github.com/jonmiles/bootstrap-treeviewhttp://jonmiles.github.io/bootstrap-treeview/)

If you are looking for a way to create, persist and manipulate tree structures; you need to check django_trees (https://github.com/imtapps/django-trees)

HTH

Derek

Feb 11, 2019, 2:01:02 AM2/11/19
to Django users
There are a number of custom Django apps that can do something like, for example: