Microservice with django

salimon jamiu olashile

Nov 8, 2019, 12:16:29 PM11/8/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

How can I build a Django project/app that follow the microservice architecture?

Looking to be pointed in the right direction.

Best regards.

Salim Kachemela

Nov 8, 2019, 1:04:23 PM11/8/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering the same thing

Murilo A. Gigliotti

Nov 8, 2019, 2:26:12 PM11/8/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

All,

Good question! I would like more details... Thank you!

Rgds,

_____________________________

Murilo Gigliotti,

Odoo icone2 Odoo Business Partner

Mais informações visite http://www.gigliottitech.com.br/

image001.png

Ing.Daniel Bojorge

Nov 8, 2019, 2:51:08 PM11/8/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Me too!!!

Mi Blog
Nicaragua

"Si ustedes permanecen unidos a mí, y si permanecen fieles a mis enseñanzas, pidan lo que quieran y se les dará.
(Juan 15:7 DHH)
Bendito el varón que se fía en el SEÑOR, y cuya confianza es el SEÑOR.
(Jeremías 17:7 RV2000)

Nick Sarbicki

Nov 8, 2019, 3:22:08 PM11/8/19
to Django users
There is not really anything that requires doing to make Django work with microservices or as a microservice.

It is completely agnostic to your overall architecture.

Just simply create a new django project for each microservice you want to create. There honestly is nothing else to it.

- Nick

salimon jamiu olashile

Nov 8, 2019, 3:23:28 PM11/8/19
to django...@googlegroups.com, mur...@gigliottitech.com.br
I’ve a group project to work on. It’s a bug tracking system & we decided to go with a microservice architecture which is the best solution for the assumed business scenario. I am to build the Reporting functionality as a seperate service.

Shaheed Haque

Nov 9, 2019, 4:09:44 AM11/9/19
to django...@googlegroups.com, mur...@gigliottitech.com.br
At the end of the day, assuming you combine the Django "application server" with a REST wrapper, you can build any level or type of service you could want.

The crucial question is how you want to trade off the power of the ORM against custom code? For example, let's say you wrapped every single table (Django model) in a separate "nano"service... Then you could not use sql to Jon or select anything and everything would be custom code.

OTOH, if you put everything in a single service, you can freely use the ORM but loose whatever advantage you hope to fain from the modularity of soa.

Hth, Shaheed

Uzama Zaid Mohammed Jaward

Nov 9, 2019, 5:16:02 AM11/9/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
1. If your application going for production, then don’t start with Microservices. Microservices used to scale up your application in horizontally as well as there are other some benefits like each service can build with small amount of team, therefore maintaining and testing is pretty easy. If you write your application in Microservices you should have strong Devops to maintain.
 So start with monolithic and later you can change to microservices when you need to scale your application.

2. If you just need to use micro service architecture in your college projects then you can use docket for running each services. You can exchange data between services using REST APIs. Also you can use Kubernetes for docker container management. Also you use message brokers to communicate between services where one can publish and others can subscribe. For the message broker try Apache Kafka.

This is my suggestion. There are plenty of blog post available on the internet

Integr@te System

Nov 9, 2019, 6:06:47 AM11/9/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Freinds,

start rightnow by use djangorestframework

Parth Joshi

Nov 10, 2019, 12:09:42 AM11/10/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Agree with Nick.

It's an approach problem. Not a framework problem. Unless framework does not support Service Layering. But its not likely for Django, as it can support such architecture.

Referring DDD and Onion Architecture might help (DDD is for Statically typed languages like Java etc, but there are people building patterns around it (Github: Python Leap Book, etc) using Python).

Its all about segregation, decoupling and separation of concerns at service level rather than code level (Putting in plain and simple terms). So it's all about researching and adopting a right pattern.

Regards,

Parth Joshi

<image001.png> Odoo Business Partner