Django vs Spring decision

Jan-Marten de Jong

Mar 1, 2021, 7:16:50 PM3/1/21
to Django users
Dear Django users,

I am in the process of deciding the architecture of a new Web application and I am considering Django or Spring.

Would appreciate some feedback on why Django would be a better choice than the Spring Framework. I had quite some experience with JAVA but at the Universities they all start with Phyton nowadays so that seems to be an upcoing language and Django seems to be one of the most popular Frameworks for Phython.

Looking forward to your support in making theis very important decision.

Best regards, Jan Marten

Derek

Mar 2, 2021, 8:41:43 AM3/2/21
to Django users
You''ll probably not get a unbiased opinion. Devs who work with Java as their primary language are going to pick Spring; and the opposite in the case of Python.

If you already have much Java experience and don't want to start learning Python, then rather go on with Spring.

P.S. Python is not an "upcoming" language - its been around longer than Java (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_programming_languages#1990s) and has a substantial and well-developed ecosystem. Its bigger use is (probably) in data science and the wider science community.  If you're planning to develop "pure" enterprise business systems, you may be better off staying with Java.

laya asiabi

Mar 2, 2021, 9:21:41 AM3/2/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
dear Jan Marten

hi, i am recently starting  learning django due to my way to become a product owner and as i see i have not enough experiences to share with you just once though i am not showing any of my talent in programming i can work with it easily. i hope you decide the best way through it and one advice its not much important witch language of programming you choose it is important that it support and reach your goal plus it can be developed by others too.

best regards, Laya Ostadasiabi

Jan-Marten de Jong

Mar 6, 2021, 2:08:04 PM3/6/21
to Django users
Derek and Laya,
Thank you for the feedback.  Best regards, Jan-Marten

makhan Kumbhkar

Mar 6, 2021, 9:12:10 PM3/6/21
to Django users
Django is Best framework for upcoming time

Mottaz Hegaze

Mar 7, 2021, 6:48:04 PM3/7/21
to Django users
Use Django , its really much faster and easier to develop a product using it.

Shaheer Khan

Apr 30, 2022, 2:48:13 PM4/30/22
to Django users
Django and Spring are both powerful and well-known web development frameworks. The following are some of the advantages and disadvantages of Django and Spring; the rest is up to you and what you want to use.
Pros of Django

– Django is easier to use.

– Django is a very well-designed Web framework.

– Django is more secure than Spring.

– Django can use several python libraries.

– Django is easy to extend.

– Django is good for deployment.

– Django is more compatible with other programming languages.

Pros of Spring

– Spring is faster than Django.

– Spring has less source code.

– Spring is easy to set up.

– Spring is easy to manage

– Spring has built-in support for logging, database access, metrics backend

I think that after this you will be able to choose between Django and Spring according to your needs. Consider reading this article for a better view of Django vs SpringBoot.

misraX x

Apr 30, 2022, 10:51:08 PM4/30/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
If you have quite of experience in Java, then go for it and use Spring.

Django is a great framework and I use it myself in a day to day base, but if you want to get the job done and finish your project with the experince you already have then Django isn't the right choice.