Django Model Primary Key help please...

Amit Masaun

Jan 22, 2014, 6:35:16 PM1/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to port over something to Django/Postgresql that I built on Asp.Net/MSSQL and I was hoping someone could give me some direction on manual creation of Primary Key key columns in Django models.  What I would like is to have a BIGINT Primary Key value that is unique across all my models (which is what I am currently doing in Microsoft stack).  I have been researching for the last day and I dont see obvious pattern anywhere.  The closest thing I have found to what I need is django-ticketing:

Unfortuantely it is very MySql-centric.

Are there any "best practices" for generating bigint primary keys which are unique accross multiple models?

Thank you very much in advance.

--Amit