Django Rest Framework support for Django 4.2

Vitan Ivanov

May 26, 2023, 7:33:24 AM5/26/23
to Django REST framework
Hello group!

Django 4.2 is listed as an LTS version in the release notes so it seems like it's the most appropriate version to start projects or upgrade to.

Does anybody know when the new version of DRF which would support Django 4.2 is expected?

carlos

May 26, 2023, 11:25:02 AM5/26/23
to django-res...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i think DRF now support D4.2 https://github.com/encode/django-rest-framework#requirements

Cheers

att.
Carlos Rocha

Vitan Ivanov

May 26, 2023, 11:32:50 AM5/26/23
to django-res...@googlegroups.com
Hey Carlos, thanks for the fast reply!
Master supports it, but the latest tagged version is 3.14 and it doesn't. So my question is when we can expect a new tag (3.15 maybe?)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Django REST framework" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-rest-framework/CAM-7rO3ghVbTuvnGu%3DOBH3u8X8tR7Fyo5e3yUrasX%2B_Q-n4%2BnA%40mail.gmail.com.

carlos

May 26, 2023, 11:45:30 AM5/26/23
to django-res...@googlegroups.com
Hi, if you need install the master/main branch you try this
pip install https://github.com/encode/django-rest-framework/archive/refs/heads/master.zip
if you do not want to wait for the tag 3.15

cheers

--
att.
Carlos Rocha

Alex Clough

Jul 6, 2023, 11:03:13 AM7/6/23
to Django REST framework
Hello Carlos,

So, just to clarify, if I am pinning Django 4.2.3 (latest release) and DRF 3.14.0 (latest release) in a requirements file, I will be good to go?

Thank you in advance.

Alex

carlos

Jul 6, 2023, 11:06:26 AM7/6/23
to django-res...@googlegroups.com
i think yes!

--
att.
Carlos Rocha

Alex Clough

Jul 6, 2023, 11:31:51 AM7/6/23
to Django REST framework
Thanks, Carlos!

Priyanka Sharma

Jan 4, 2024, 7:53:12 AMJan 4
to django-res...@googlegroups.com
EMAIL_BACKEND='django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend'
EMAIL_HOST ='smtp.gmail.com'
EMAIL_USE_TLS=True
EMAIL_PORT=587
EMAIL_HOST_USER=<"my_gmail">
EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD=<"app_password">

 smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused: (530, b'5.7.0 Authentication Required. For more information, go to\n5.7.0  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=WantAuthError q36-20020a635c24000000b005ce979b861dsm4765154pgb.84 - gsmtp', 'smtp.gmail.com')

Can someone help me with this?
I'm getting this error