Hi, I’d like to join Django Nigerian Igbo Localization Team

Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

Jun 21, 2020, 11:45:37 AM6/21/20
to Django internationalization and localization
I recently saw that the Igbo Translation is yet to be done, I’m interested in working on it. Thanks.

Claude Paroz

Jun 21, 2020, 11:59:40 AM6/21/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com, Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu
Le 21.06.20 à 15:17, Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu a écrit :
> I recently saw that the Igbo Translation is yet to be done, I’m
> interested in working on it. Thanks.

Hi,

The Igbo team is now alive! Try to motivate others around you, it's
always more funny with a real team!
If you want Igbo to be included in Django 3.1, you don't want to lose
time, as the deadline is approaching and I'm not sure we will include
more languages after the RC version is out (mid-July).

Ping me again when the "core" resource is fully translated (for
formats.py and al.)

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net

Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

Jun 22, 2020, 7:42:32 AM6/22/20
to Django internationalization and localization
Hi Claude,

Could you kindly point me to the right direction on how to get started with the "core" resource to be translated (for
formats.py and al.) ? And then again, i already started with translation on Crowdin  are they different projects? Looking forward to hearing from you soonest.

Claude Paroz

Jun 22, 2020, 7:52:28 AM6/22/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kelechi,

When you reach the Igbo translation page for Django:
https://www.transifex.com/django/django/language/ig/

you'll see several resources. Start by the one named "core". Of course,
if you can translate all others, it's fine too!

We are not using Crowdin for Django main translations (I saw it was used
for the Django Girls tutorial).

Claude

Le 22.06.20 à 13:42, Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu a écrit :
> www.2xlibre.net <http://www.2xlibre.net>

Sebastian Neatu

Jun 22, 2020, 7:59:45 AM6/22/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claude,

 Can you please confirm my inclusion in the translation team for Romanian language? I submitted the request some time ago.
The link you provide just displays the languages without possibility to edit. I guess I need to be included in the translation team to be able to edit the language.

My account is: eman with this email address.

Many thanks,
Sebastian

Mihail Sebastian N.
“The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.” Thomas Jefferson

Claude Paroz

Jun 22, 2020, 8:07:43 AM6/22/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, but how is this related to Igbo ?
Discussion threads are there for a reason.

Claude

Le 22.06.20 à 13:59, Sebastian Neatu a écrit :
> Hi Claude,
>
>  Can you please confirm my inclusion in the translation team for
> Romanian language? I submitted the request some time ago.
> The link you provide just displays the languages without possibility to
> edit. I guess I need to be included in the translation team to be able
> to edit the language.
>
> My account is: eman with this email address.
>
> Many thanks,
> Sebastian
>

> În lun., 22 iun. 2020 la 14:52, Claude Paroz <cla...@2xlibre.net
> <mailto:cla...@2xlibre.net>> a scris:
> >     www.2xlibre.net <http://www.2xlibre.net> <http://www.2xlibre.net>

Sebastian Neatu

Jun 22, 2020, 8:26:34 AM6/22/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com

Indeed, apologies.
But I have asked for admission to translate Romanian for some time without reply.

Sebastian

Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

Jun 22, 2020, 8:48:01 AM6/22/20
to Django internationalization and localization
Oh thats right, many thanks.

Claude Paroz

Jun 22, 2020, 8:53:33 AM6/22/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Then please create a specific thread for that question.

Claude

Le 22.06.20 à 14:26, Sebastian Neatu a écrit :

> Indeed, apologies.
> But I have asked for admission to translate Romanian for some time
> without reply.
>
> Sebastian
>
> În lun., 22 iun. 2020 la 15:07, Claude Paroz <cla...@2xlibre.net
> <mailto:cla...@2xlibre.net>> a scris:
>
> Sorry, but how is this related to Igbo ?
> Discussion threads are there for a reason.
>
> Claude
>
> Le 22.06.20 à 13:59, Sebastian Neatu a écrit :
> > Hi Claude,
> >
> >  Can you please confirm my inclusion in the translation team for
> > Romanian language? I submitted the request some time ago.

Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

Jul 4, 2020, 10:59:01 AM7/4/20
to Django internationalization and localization
Hi @Claude,

I've started working on the "core" strings and got someone to join the team too.  May i please know the deadline we have to complete that string? So i can work on my schedule, thanks.

On Monday, 22 June 2020 12:52:28 UTC+1, claudep wrote:
On Monday, 22 June 2020 12:52:28 UTC+1, claudep wrote:
On Monday, 22 June 2020 12:52:28 UTC+1, claudep wrote:

Claude Paroz

Jul 4, 2020, 3:16:32 PM7/4/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kelechi,

Great that you motivated someone to work with you!
If you continue working on this at that pace, I think we can start
working on the integration patch now.
You can have a look at a similar patch:
https://github.com/django/django/commit/db8268bce69fb53

Obviously you will have to provide the Igbo formats.py, but then I can
help preparing the patch if you are a bit short of time. Just tell me if
you need help.

Then you will have until the end of the month until the Django 3.1
release. Of course, you don't have to finish all at that moment, we also
integrate new translations (but not new languages) in the .1 or .2 minor
releases.

Claude

Le 04.07.20 à 16:59, Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu a écrit :
> >     www.2xlibre.net <http://www.2xlibre.net> <http://www.2xlibre.net>
> >     www.2xlibre.net <http://www.2xlibre.net> <http://www.2xlibre.net>
> >     www.2xlibre.net <http://www.2xlibre.net> <http://www.2xlibre.net>
> >     www.2xlibre.net <http://www.2xlibre.net> <http://www.2xlibre.net>
Message has been deleted

Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

Jul 5, 2020, 6:40:24 AM7/5/20
to Django internationalization and localization
Oh great! I'll check it out and let you know of if i'll be needing help. Thanks.

Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

Jul 5, 2020, 7:56:29 PM7/5/20
to Django internationalization and localization
Hi Claude, i worked on the patch today https://github.com/django/django/pull/13155/files/fb9a32e4a108986099611de85dcc130c7bc58a00. Please do check it out and let me know if i'll need to do some changes. Thanks

Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

Jul 6, 2020, 8:49:22 AM7/6/20
to Django internationalization and localization
H Claude, thanks for the guide. Is it okay if i cancel the pull request and start all over again? I would love to do that, and also will appreciate help running the flake8 tests. Thanks for your prompt response, i'm very open to learning please don't hold back on any correction.

Claude Paroz

Jul 6, 2020, 9:02:47 AM7/6/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Le 06.07.20 à 14:49, Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu a écrit :
> H Claude, thanks for the guide. Is it okay if i cancel the pull request
> and start all over again?

Sure, it's possible, however seldom necessary.
It's generally better to squash your commits to flatten the unneeded
commit history. Typically run "git rebase -i HEAD~10" (for acting on the
last 10 commits, for example) and replace "pick" by "s" (or "squash")
for the commits you want to merge together.
Then force push your branch ("git push -f ...").

> I would love to do that, and also will
> appreciate help running the |flake8| tests.

Install flake8 in your Python environment (pip install flake8), then
simply run "flake8" on the command line, or pass a specific path
("flake8 django/conf") to limit the check to a part of the source code
(which is quicker).

> Thanks for your prompt
> response, i'm very open to learning please don't hold back on any
> correction.

Great, there is always so much to learn... We all own a part of the big
puzzle, so sharing it makes the picture so much beautiful :-)

Claude

Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

Jul 21, 2020, 6:22:08 AM7/21/20
to Django internationalization and localization
Hi @Claude, good to know the new release day is almost near.🥳 Team Igbo core string is 100% complete and integration merged. What else do we need to do? Thanks 🙏🏽

Claude Paroz

Jul 21, 2020, 6:27:25 AM7/21/20
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Le 21.07.20 à 12:22, Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu a écrit :
> Hi @Claude, good to know the new release day is almost near.🥳 Team Igbo core string is 100% complete and integration merged. What else do we need to do? Thanks 🙏🏽

Great work!

Now you can continue on other resources. I'd say "admin" and "auth" are
probably the most user-visible strings (maybe "humanize" too, for those
using that contrib app).

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net

Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

Jul 21, 2020, 7:55:31 AM7/21/20
to Django internationalization and localization
Thanks! Okay then, i'd get to that too.