Struggling newbie

jsjaz...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2016, 4:14:23 PM8/24/16
I am running python3.4 with Django in virtualenv.  When I execute python manage.py runserver I continue to get "sqlite3.NotSupportedError: URIs not supported",  I have looked all around for posts that will point me to the solution but have not located any to date. Can anyone provide me with clues as to what I have messed up in the environment?

GMail

Aug 24, 2016, 4:28:35 PM8/24/16
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Could you provide you settings file?
I think it may be an error in settings.

On 24 Aug 2016, at 23:12, jsjaz...@gmail.com wrote:

I am running python3.4 with Django in virtualenv.  When I execute python manage.py runserver I continue to get "sqlite3.NotSupportedError: URIs not supported",  I have looked all around for posts that will point me to the solution but have not located any to date. Can anyone provide me with clues as to what I have messed up in the environment?

Berker Peksağ

Aug 24, 2016, 5:00:34 PM8/24/16
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
You need to install SQLite 3.7.7 or newer to be able to pass uri=True
to sqlite3.connect(). However, this list is for discussing the
development of Django itself, please ask usage questions on
django-users.

--Berker