django.contrib.auth.views.PasswordResetConfirmView class properties

Frank van der Pluijm

Oct 13, 2018, 9:26:43 AM10/13/18
django.contrib.auth.views.PasswordResetConfirmView.dispatch() makes use of two constant values outside of the class definition, INTERNAL_RESET_URL_TOKEN and INTERNAL_RESET_SESSION_TOKEN. When subclassing the view, I would like it to use other values than those, since the stored session values can get mixed up.

Wouldn’t it be an improvement if those values were set on the PasswordResetConfirmView class itself, so that, when subclassing it, one can change them on the new class? Now I am forced to include the entire .dispatch(), which feels, well, something not nice.

Tim Graham

Oct 13, 2018, 9:32:06 AM10/13/18