Django app taking too long to upload data into postgresql database

Guillermo Yáñez Feliú

Mar 15, 2019, 2:45:52 PM3/15/19

Hello,

I’m working in a project that consists in converting a local postgresql database (that uses sqlalchemy as the ORM) into a web application, in which I upload excel sheets, read them, do some small cleaning and then upload selected data into a postgresql database using Django’s ORM. The idea is to have the data in a server instead of in every user’s machine.

Everything is ok but data loading is taking too long since, I think, I am using panda’s dataframes to easily structure, read and save the data. In the local version of the library, I used lists and was way faster.

I don’t if it’s related to Sqlalchemy, Django, lists or dataframes. Any suggestions on how to read spreadsheets data and upload it into a postgresql database using Django?

Thanks a lot.

Adam Johnson

Mar 15, 2019, 3:16:16 PM3/15/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
This mailing list is for the development of Django itself, not for support using Django. Please use the django-users mailing list for that, or IRC #django on freenode, or a site like Stack Overflow.

Adam