graphics artist (e.g. OmniGraffle) needed for updated middleware graphic

Tim Graham

May 9, 2016, 9:48:16 PM5/9/16
Would someone like to help update the graphic in this section [0] for the new-style middleware implemented in PR#6501 [1]. I'm not quite sure what the updated graphic will look like yet, but there isn't any use thinking about that if we don't have someone to do the work. :-) The existing image is done in OmniGraffle [2] but I guess we're open to other solutions too.

[0] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/topics/http/middleware/#hooks-and-application-order
[1] https://github.com/django/django/pull/6501
[2] https://github.com/django/django/tree/bf3057d10bc1e78a8e45142a8288a733b3e908a2/docs/topics/http/_images

Lee Trout

May 9, 2016, 10:01:10 PM5/9/16
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
I have an omnigraffle license and could help a bit later this week if no one else is interested.

I'm out of touch with Django lately... I read the DEP and I'm assuming you're after an updated graphic to explicitly show the behavior of proper short circuiting and the better guarantees around what is and isn't called...

It might be best to expand this in to 2 or 3 graphics and show the various states (or an animated gif)...

Lee

Aymeric Augustin

May 10, 2016, 2:32:49 AM5/10/16
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
I’m the author of the current graphic. If it’s just a matter of tooling, I can take a sketch (e.g. a picture of hand-drawn diagram) and do it in a consistent style with the other graphic in the docs.

--
Aymeric.