Introduction GSoC

noumbis...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2019, 7:52:08 PM1/20/19
Hello Everyone! Am Noumbissi Valere, a student from Cameroon. Am skilled in python and have used django to build some web apps. Am new to open source and will love to contribute to django, hoping to participate for GSoC this Year. Please can anyone help me on how to get started?

oussama boumaad

Jan 21, 2019, 3:27:51 AM1/21/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com, Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
Hello Noumbissi ,

I think you're skilled in python but you're not enough skilled in "" GOOGLEing" .
you can start with the officiel django tutorial.

Best regards.

On Jan 21 2019, at 1:50 am, noumbis...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello Everyone! Am Noumbissi Valere, a student from Cameroon. Am skilled in python and have used django to build some web apps. Am new to open source and will love to contribute to django, hoping to participate for GSoC this Year. Please can anyone help me on how to get started?

Carlton Gibson

Jan 21, 2019, 3:38:51 AM1/21/19
Hi Folks.

First off: can we please keep it civil. Let's offer positive responses where possible. Thanks

There's no harm in people asking for help: there is a contributing guide, but if folks aren't finding it, perhaps we need a bigger sign-post.

So...

See the Development Dashboard: https://dashboard.djangoproject.com

Looking at Unreviewed Tickets on the issue tracker and helping to Triage them is super helpful.
That's a good place to get familiar.

That doesn't make a GSoC project, so looking through Accepted tickets (take your time! 🙂)
would be a good place to look for ideas.

I don't think we have a ready list of GSoC-scale project ideas we can point you to I'm afraid. (Anyone?)

I hope that at least gets you started.

Welcome aboard!

Kind Regards,

Carlton

Noumbissi Valere

Jan 21, 2019, 3:43:01 AM1/21/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Carlton.

oussama boumaad

Jan 21, 2019, 3:45:58 AM1/21/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com, django-d...@googlegroups.com
am sorry Noumbissi
you're a very welcome fellow .

akki

Jan 22, 2019, 1:31:35 PM1/22/19
Also, if Django does participate in GSoC this year, they'll have an ideas page for it eventually similar to something like this - https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SummerOfCode2018.

The best thing that you can do today to improve your chances is start contributing!