#30864 Document and endorse django.utils.decorators.classproperty

keshav kumar

Oct 17, 2019, 4:47:11 PM10/17/19
I want to work on this ticket. Can you tell me how can I proceed for it?

Adam Johnson

Oct 17, 2019, 5:01:17 PM10/17/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keshav,

Thanks for volunteering. The most recent comment says #30876 should be done first - maybe try do that?

This guide shows you how to get started editing the documentation: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/writing-documentation/

This guide, and some linked guides, show you how to make a pull request from your changes: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/writing-code/submitting-patches/

Here's an example PR I did recently that similarly changes the documentation: https://github.com/django/django/pull/11814

I hope that's enough reference to get started!

Adam

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 21:47, keshav kumar <akes...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to work on this ticket. Can you tell me how can I proceed for it?

Adam

keshav kumar

Oct 17, 2019, 5:13:54 PM10/17/19
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your answer. I want to contribute to django, I have read many issues but still I am not getting how to work on it and what it wants  from me to do. Can you suggest me only one ticket on which I can work. so that I can understand how the whole thing works.

Adam Johnson

Oct 18, 2019, 5:20:50 AM10/18/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Carlton wrote a message recently about the best places to get started, maybe this is of help: https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/362f9b32-4af3-4913-877d-f2507e843546%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

He also gave a great talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4StlMFb5Ms

Hope this helps. It really depends on your strengths as to where you can best contribute.

Adam

Carlton Gibson

Oct 18, 2019, 6:21:08 AM10/18/19
Thank you Adam!

There's also a git repo for the workshop I did at DjangoCon US.

(Christmas project: start pulling all these together... 🙂)