Django 2.2 release candidate 1 released

Carlton Gibson

Mar 18, 2019, 5:03:15 AM3/18/19
to Django developers (Contributions to Django itself), django-...@googlegroups.com, django...@googlegroups.com
We've made the final (hopefully) release on the way to Django's next
major release, Django 2.2! Check out the blog post:

Mohammad Etemaddar

Mar 20, 2019, 11:52:32 AM3/20/19
Is it possible to have this option in Django 2.2?
When we select a OneToOne object by related_name, rises DoesNotExists when have no object related.
Is it possible to add the behaviour to return None instead of DoesNotExists?

Thank you

Ryan Hiebert

Mar 20, 2019, 12:03:58 PM3/20/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
That won't be possible, Django 2.2 has been feature-frozen for a while now. You might want to follow the following issue which is related to what you're suggesting.

Adam Johnson

Mar 20, 2019, 12:09:53 PM3/20/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for making a suggestion, but this is not the thread to bring such an issue up on. If you want to make a suggestion, it's best to make a new thread.

Ryan is also right, 2.2 is feature frozen, so it won't be possible to make such a change, only to fix bugs before it gets its full release.

As to the change you are suggesting, it is not backwards compatible.  It's a good idea to read the contributing documentation ( https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/ ) and importantly the deprecation policy ( https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/release-process/#internal-release-deprecation-policy ) before suggesting something of such magnitude.

Hope that helps,

Adam

Adam

Mohammad Etemaddar

Mar 21, 2019, 6:27:31 AM3/21/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Ryan and Adam, Thank you very much.
The links was so helpful.
I liked to find the best way to contribute.

Sincerely,
Mohammad Etemaddar