Tabs in Django Admin forms?

Óscar M. Lage

May 30, 2017, 4:11:47 AM5/30/17
Hey guys, I've a quick question here...

Is there any way - in admin - to group form fields in tabs (as django-crispy-form does)?. If not, do you consider this feature important enough to open a ticket and work on this?.

Thanks!

Florian Apolloner

May 30, 2017, 4:33:07 AM5/30/17
> to group form fields in tabs (as django-crispy-form does)?.

For those who do not know django-crispy-form, how does that look like?

Cheers,
Florian

Óscar M. Lage

May 30, 2017, 4:50:16 AM5/30/17
Oh, sorry, something like this:

I think we've the ability to put the fields side-by-side but don't know if there is a way to group the fields in tabs.

Tim Graham

Jun 2, 2017, 11:42:31 AM6/2/17
I think Django can't reasonably add every feature under the sun to the admin. If you need a pixel perfect UI, use your own views.

Adam Johnson

Jun 2, 2017, 1:38:34 PM6/2/17
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
I agree, it sounds like feature creep to me. It could probably be provided by code in a third party package too, the admin is very extensible.

Adam