How to Start for GSOC 2020 in Django org.

Priyanshu Panwar

Jan 13, 2020, 7:56:13 AM1/13/20
Hello Everyone.
Please help me. How do I start for gsoc 2020, though I have a good background in Python and Django as a freelancer.
Thank you.

Carlton Gibson

Jan 13, 2020, 9:11:42 AM1/13/20
Hi.

I created a Wiki page for GSoC 2020

Check it out. Read over the Project Ideas and the notes for students.
Then I suggest getting involved — now's a great time. :)

Kind Regards,

Carlton

Ahmad A. Hussein

Jan 13, 2020, 11:09:17 AM1/13/20
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Priyanshu,

I'm a fellow GSoC aspirer. What helped me a lot is checking out the contributing guide posted on the Django website.

Here is the link:  https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/

It'll make things a lot easier for you if you've never used Git before and never tracked tickets in an open-source environment.

You should also try to start contributing as soon as possible to get a feel for Django's internal codebase.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask on here. Everyone here replies promptly.

In the future, try to search for your question before posting a new thread because this question was asked in three different threads before I believe.

Priyanshu Panwar

Jan 14, 2020, 7:16:18 AM1/14/20
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot guys. Will get in touch.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAJNa-uPs-_eoH3e1r0hDuja7VFyG-j4%3DC4CtcEwDKQMd%3DYY5NQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Sage M. Abdullah

Jan 15, 2020, 9:45:38 AM1/15/20

The wiki page and the contributing guide posted above is a good start to get into Django for GSoC.

If you want to start writing the proposal, you can probably find my proposal last year helpful.

Good luck! :)