Gevent based ASGI server

Jon Pry

Mar 13, 2017, 9:52:34 AM3/13/17
I modified Daphne and the ASGI layer to get the one of the examples to run under gevent.

Code is here:

Code is not as clean as it needs to be. But imho it works better than daphne, none of this hot polling stuff going on anymore. In any case it's interesting to see where exactly the ASGI model needs to be tweaked a little.

Cheers,

Jon Pry

Andrew Godwin

Mar 13, 2017, 12:50:25 PM3/13/17
Hi John,

You are talking about a lot of ideas I want to bring into the main redis transport (improved polling, connection handling, using the channel name local part for routing, etc.), which are separate from using gevent, really; would you be open for contributing this kind of stuff back to the main asgi_redis transport? It would improve performance on asyncio or twisted as well.

Andrew