Re: Django Channels for Client - Server asynch connection

Andrew Godwin

Oct 16, 2016, 1:15:46 PM10/16/16
Hi Armitpal,

django-developers is for discussions about development on Django, Channels and other Django projects themselves, not the use of them. For general discussion we have an IRC channel at #django-channels on Freenode or django...@googlegroups.com; for specific requests or bugs you can open GitHub issues against the project.

Since I see you have cross-posted this question to both lists (please don't do that), I will answer on django-users.

Andrew

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Amirtpal <amitpal...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Django folks,

Just a couple of questions on using Django Channels

a) Assuming I have remote and distributed clients(e.g. custom code deployed inside web applications) and I need that to maintain an asynch flow over https to our backend django server in the cloud,
how could I use Django Channels for this above use case ?
b) If these clients are running inside web applications behind a firewall and the only outbound communication is over 80 and 443 via https would websockets still work ?
c) Is there a concept of a producer and consumer in django channels ?
d) Any sample code that could be included in remote web applications in order to to enable them to communicate in real time via asyn flow with a cloud hosted django server ?

Thanks and appreciate your reply.

-Amirtpal