Extract LogEntry from django.contrib.admin

Jamesie Pic

Nov 7, 2017, 7:28:01 PM11/7/17
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Have we considered extracting LogEntry from django.contrib.admin in its own contrib module ?

It would open doors for new features such as automatic request/response trace & exceptions loggers and views in the admin perhaps ?

<3

Alexander Lyabah

Nov 8, 2017, 1:42:55 AM11/8/17
I'm doing it already through middleware

Jamesie Pic

Nov 8, 2017, 6:08:14 AM11/8/17
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure we can have many interresting features:

- admin page to view logged requests/responses with replay feature
- admin page to view logentries per object,
- add level/source and support being a python logging handler

Perhaps more ?