GSoC 2020

Sanskar Jaiswal

May 4, 2020, 2:11:56 PM5/4/20
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

I didn’t get selected for GSoC, but I would like to sincerely thank this community for guiding me and helping me get involved in open source. Especially, Simon and Carlton for solving my doubts about the ORM.

I hope to improve myself and will definitely try again next year. I still aim to work on refactoring ORM to work with ModelState.

Thanks
Sanskar

Abhijeet Viswa

May 4, 2020, 2:14:34 PM5/4/20
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'd like to say the same. It was a wonderful opportunity. Thanks everyone.

Regards.

Abhijeet

Adam Johnson

May 5, 2020, 6:44:03 PM5/5/20
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Thank you both for writing proposals and contributing to the community!

--
Adam

Carlton Gibson

Abhirav Dilip Kariya

May 6, 2020, 2:53:48 AM5/6/20
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you community for the guidance while I was writing my proposal.

I understand that the number of slots granted for gsoc are limited. However, if the community liked my proposal, I would like to work on it. I also understand that it is difficult to provide mentors and I can write a patch and submit and see if it gets merged. At the same time, I think working with someone and following a plan suits me best.

Please let me know if the community sees credit in my proposal and is willing to guide me.

Here’s my proposal for secrets manager:

Thanks and regards,
Abhirav Dilip Kariya

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/c946504b-67cd-423c-b186-d8168e4c8db1%40googlegroups.com.
--
Thanks and regards,
Abhirav Dilip Kariya

Carlton Gibson

May 8, 2020, 10:29:25 AM5/8/20
Hi Abhirav.

I think this is an interesting project. It would be nice if we had a story for handling sensitive values that went (in principle) from "use environment variables" (or a file) to the various Vault-like options. The trick is making that compelling as a feature for Django, but such a thing could begin as a separate package.

I was casually keeping a list of projects in the "environment variable" space, pasted below. If you want to take a look at those, rob the best ideas, and think about the simplest API for that (beyond bootstrapping, in the settings it's just `get()` I guess...) I'm very happy to discuss it with you in the forum.

I think a good first goal would be a write up (blog post?) on the state of play.

Kind Regards,

Carlton

Abhirav Dilip Kariya

May 8, 2020, 12:19:12 PM5/8/20
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlton,

I will start working on this. I’ll create a new thread for further correspondence.

Thanks and regards,
Abhirav Dilip Kariya