GSoC-19 Project Ideas

gaurav jain

Jan 31, 2019, 6:24:36 AM1/31/19
Hi Everyone,
I had some ideas for the upcoming GSoC.
1. To make a code coverter old clean flask monolithic code to be converted to simple Django Code. All we would need is to change the queries and shift rest of the code.
2. I have personally been using a code generator for my APIs(https://github.com/GauravJain98/drf-generator). So similar to this i wanted something like create react app that would take the project name the number of apps and name of apps and make the whole this for us.

Kiran Capoor

Jan 31, 2019, 10:52:20 AM1/31/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaurav,

In regards to your query, there is already a solution for this called - cookiecutter-django by pydanny. Although it’s a starter template and not a direct integration with core django. For adding multiple apps you change cookiecutter’s code a bit and you will get the results.

Regards,
Kiran Capoor

Sent from iPhone