new to open source contribution

Shruti Satish

Nov 29, 2019, 7:41:13 AM11/29/19
i am new to open source and would like to contribute.

how do i setup for Django development?

also can i be pointed towards easy and relativey easy bug fixes/issues and the corresponding repos?

Abhijeet Viswa

Nov 29, 2019, 8:16:02 AM11/29/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Checkout Django's "Contributing to Django" documentation here:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/internals/contributing/
You can find a list of reported bugs and request feature updates on
Django Trac here: https://code.djangoproject.com/

Django uses Git as a VCS. If you haven't used Django (and aren't
familiar with), I'd personally recommend you go through Django's
tutorials. This will make it more easier to understand how Django's
MVC works and will help you get started with contribution.

Abhijeet

Website Technologies

Nov 29, 2019, 3:01:32 PM11/29/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi shruti,
I am soon posting my django development tutorials from beginners to expert on my YouTube channel 'Backend to Frontend' . You'll definitely love it.
Thanks

Carlos Leite (cadu)

Dec 2, 2019, 1:18:20 PM12/2/19
Hi Satish,

there is a list just for that :  django-core...@googlegroups.com

ask anything about start to contributing to django , people are there for it.
You will be welcome

Himanshu Mohan

Dec 3, 2019, 7:35:02 AM12/3/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I tried sending in below email group and it’s coming as Undelivered

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu