Team of 7 students will be contributing to Django for a school project. What's the best way to work on features without stepping on toes?

106 wyświetleń

Jason Atkins

nieprzeczytany,
21 sty 2016, 18:14:5321.01.2016
do Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
Hi All,

I'm leading a team of 7 students that are looking to contribute to Django for a group project that will span the next 4 months.  Our professor has stated that we should try to work on features instead of bugs so I was wondering what would be the best way to go about that.  Should we talk to someone in particular or just claim tickets on https://code.djangoproject.com/query under the name UoG student group?  Bit of info about us: We are a group of 3rd year students at the University of Guelph in Guelph, Ontario.  The professor has been a bit vague on if we will PR our code while we write it or if we will wait until the end of the semester in 4 months time.

- Jason Atkins

Tim Graham

nieprzeczytany,
21 sty 2016, 18:28:3921.01.2016
do Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
Hi Jason,

That sounds exciting. Feel free to ping me (timograham) in #django-dev IRC to discuss. I'd highly advise to send pull requests as you work so you can learn our contribution process, coding guidelines, etc. Also, I won't feel so overwhelmed with a big influx of pull requests to review at the end of semester. ;-)

Tim
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż