Google Summer of Code 2015 statistics

Himanshu Mishra

Jan 9, 2016, 9:01:14 AM1/9/16
Hello people,

I was looking around for some open source organizations in GSoC 2015 list who were based on Python or Django. I found out that the Django Software Foundation had participated in it too ! But there are no proposals overview or code submissions over melange. Most probably it means that the projects were not successful but it could be something else. I am curious about knowing what happened last year, which projects were selected and why were they failed? Also, what is the current status of those projects?

Thank you,
Himanshu Mishra

Marten Kenbeek

Jan 9, 2016, 9:29:23 AM1/9/16
Hi Himanshu,

Last summer I was the only participant in GSoC 2015 for Django. I worked on a complete rewrite/refactor of the URL dispatching framework. I wasn't able to finish my project at the time due to personal circumstances. Right now the project is nearing completion, I'm aiming at the next Django release. It still needs a few more tests, lots of documentation etc., but the bulk of the work is finished. The latest updates can be found at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/django-developers/WD_mPzvGMZI and https://github.com/django/django/pull/5578

Cheers,
Marten

Himanshu Mishra

Jan 9, 2016, 10:59:07 PM1/9/16
Thanks Marten for replying. Good work over the URL dispatcher, I'm sorry the deadlines weren't met, but good to see the development still after that. :)

Himanshu Mishra