Support for auto fields can be set by database triggers or default column values instead of django

Owais Lone

Jan 3, 2016, 7:47:14 PM1/3/16
Hi, I'm trying to add support for auto-fields to django. By auto-fields, I mean fields that django skips during INSERT or UPDATE and let's the database assign a value. I'm using an existing ticket to track this: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/21454#comment:21

A working PR is present at: https://github.com/django/django/pull/5904

I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at it and guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

- Owais Lone
lone...@gmail.com