ExceptionMiddleware still necessary in documentation?

Shiyang Wang

Apr 25, 2018, 3:34:07 PM4/25/18
Hello!

Following up from this issue: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29359

I am currently working on this issue with Jessica and I was wondering if ExceptionMiddleware is still necessary in the documentation, or can it simply be removed? It is not referenced anywhere else in the Django code files, only in the documentation.

Regards,

Shiyang

Florian Apolloner

Apr 25, 2018, 4:03:31 PM4/25/18
It got removed in https://github.com/django/django/commit/7d1b69dbe7f72ac04d2513f0468fe2146231b286 -- as such it can also be removed from the documentation.

Tim Graham

Apr 25, 2018, 11:04:08 PM4/25/18
There may be portions of that documentation that could be relocated as some of the information is still relevant to new-style middleware. By the way, it's better to ask this type of question on the ticket as it doesn't require the attention of everyone reading this mailing list.

Shiyang Wang

Apr 28, 2018, 7:55:27 PM4/28/18
Thanks for the replies. Sorry about posting in the mailing list, I'll be sure to post it on the ticket itself in the future! In terms of relocation, would it be alright to just put the section on ExceptionMiddleware at the bottom of the documentation page under a heading like "Deprecated Middleware", or is there a more advisable place to relocate it to?

Thank you for your help,

Shiyang

Isaac Muturi

Apr 28, 2018, 8:25:23 PM4/28/18