Introduction : Somesh Chaturvedi

Somesh Chaturvedi

Dec 21, 2017, 7:43:07 AM12/21/17
Hi everyone,

I have been using Django in my professional as well as personal projects for the past 3 years now. I'd like to start contributing for Django now. I have gone through the following documentation along with all its sub-docs.

I would really appreciate if someone helps me with a head start. Thanks.

Regards,
Somesh Chaturvedi

Adam Johnson

Dec 21, 2017, 10:07:13 AM12/21/17
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Somesh,

I'd suggest having a particular goal in mind where you'd like to contribute - what areas of Django do you want to see improved? Also have a look through the ticket tracker for a easy-pickings ticket to get involved in the contribution process.

Also don't forget there are many more ways to contribute to Django than just code, for example: helping a local community event, translating Django or the docs, improving the docs, writing blog posts, contributing to one of the many third party packages, or answering questions on Stack Overflow :) :)

Adam

Adam

Somesh Chaturvedi

Dec 21, 2017, 1:02:49 PM12/21/17
Sounds good. I'll join the group right away and look at all other possible ways of contribution you have mentioned. Thanks, Adam.