status of 2.2 release blockers

Tim Graham

Jan 13, 2019, 9:04:29 PM1/13/19
Time to kick off the progress tracker for the next major release!

The 2.2 feature freeze is scheduled (according to https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Version2.2Roadmap) for tomorrow, January 14. Typically we've released the alpha a few days later to finish up a few last minutes things.

I have a few patches I want to finish reviewing:

https://github.com/django/django/pull/10840 - Refs #28478 -- Adjusted prevention of connections to disallowed databases. (regression fixes)
https://github.com/django/django/pull/10381 - Fixed #11154, #17904 and #22270 --  Inconsistency with permissions for proxy models
https://github.com/django/django/pull/10171 - Fixed #20147 -- Added HttpRequest.headers.
https://github.com/django/django/pull/8981 - Fixed #9475 -- allow add(), create(), etc for m2m with through

I guess Claude will also like to update translations catalogs as he did for 2.1.

Václav Řehák

Jan 16, 2019, 11:52:17 AM1/16/19

is it possible to get this fix included in 2.2?

https://github.com/django/django/pull/10643 - Fixed #29915 -- Support hyphens in UUIDField filtering

Vaclav

Carlton Gibson

Jan 16, 2019, 11:59:27 AM1/16/19
Hi Vaclav,

I think current status is "Still work to do" there, so not really...

C.

Tim Graham

Jan 16, 2019, 3:07:23 PM1/16/19
These features are in. We're planning to do the alpha release tomorrow.

Carlton Gibson

Mar 15, 2019, 7:11:33 AM3/15/19
Hi All,

Django 2.2rc1 is scheduled for today. There's a single release blocker that just needs a little work:

As such, I'm looking towards Monday at this point.

Final release on April 1 should be unaffected.

Kind Regards,

Carlton