Feature request: hide/unpublish placeholder items

Matas Dailyda

Jun 28, 2018, 5:45:30 AM6/28/18
to django CMS developers
It would be nice to have a capability to hide or unpublish specific placeholder items in live/published page version. Now we put hidden class on items, or put it in style block with hidden class to hide the item, but it is still being rendered in source code. Any other way is to just delete the item without any possibility to restore it later, or move it to some unpiblished page if you don't want to loose entered content.

Would be nice to have additional button next to Cut, Copy, Paste.. named Hide or Unpublish which when selected highlight the item in structure mode (some color to indicate that the item will not be rendered) and don't render it at all in content view.

DidierCH

Aug 10, 2018, 4:09:12 AM8/10/18
to django CMS developers
I would like to join this. Such a feature would be very useful and has been requested many times by our customers.

benzkji

Sep 3, 2018, 4:48:07 AM9/3/18
to django CMS developers
you can do this yourself, quite easily. all you need is a published boolean field, if it's not True, just dont render anything when presenting the published (live) page. but yes, this requires custom plugin development. would be nice to have it integrated into the core.